Romecabs and Luggage

For those who have had the experience with Stefano, I am arranging a transfer from the Rome Airport Hilton for myself and others who are staying pre-cruise and want some specific feedback on number of persons and luggage and size of vehicle.

I booked for 6-8 with a final count 1 week before and I was emphatic about a lot of luggage.

I'd like to know if there has been an acceptably sized vehicle to transport you to the pier with all the luggage that a couple might bring. Not to mention carry-ons for a group of 8.

The last thing I want to do is to be in trouble because of excess luggage and vehicle size, so how well has this aspect been handled in your experience with this firm.

Thanks so much in advance!

He better have a large van. Last year we had our hotel in Civitavecchia take us to the pier. He had a van but could only take 7 passengers and a driver at one time. As I recall a few of us carried some smaller carry on bags on our laps.

You probably need to get a commitment out of him on the size of the vehicle and confirm he can take 8 people and all that luggage.

That is the plan. It was Romecabs and Stefano you are referring to? Did you expect a van that would accommodate everyone and everything, or was this a lesson learned?

At the end of the day, I do plan on a commitment, but am also trying to ensure from others that if they make a commitment that they keep their word.

Thanks!

Not sure if he has a larger van. The Mercedes van he used for 6 of us and our luggage was fine for us, but it certainly wouldn't hold 8 of you. I would call it a mini-van. In your communications with him, be sure if he has a full-sized van that will hold 8 of you.

We found them to be courteous, prompt and very professional. We had pre-arranged everything here, before the cruise of course, sending him our hotels (3 different ones) close to the Vatican. He agreed to pick us all up at our own hotels (so we didn't have to try and congregate at one location). Then the morning of our transfer, I was sitting at breakfast, the desk receptionist came over to me and said I had a phone call, I couldn't imagine who would be calling me, well it was our driver confirming our 11:00 am pick-up. Then he arrived about 15 minutes early because of the pouring rain, he allowed extra time.

At a cost of 30 EUR pp, we thought they did an excellent job.

Our transfer from our ship back to the airport in Rome at the end of our cruise was with Rome Cabs. I don't remember who our driver was, but his name wasn't Stefano. We joined a group from our roll call who had it prearranged and was requesting others to join to cut the per person cost. There were 8 of us total with 4 women that all overpacked & had too many bags (myself included) and we still had enough room. There were a few of us with light carryons in our laps, but it wasn't a big deal. Especially since he got us to the airport quickly without delay. Hope that helps!

We just used them this morning, 6 of us with lots of luggage. Sylvester was our driver and managed to fit everything in just fine, I think even with 8 we would have been fine. Very good experience!!!!

Archived