Question about price drops

sorry you sounded like you were using them as a source to look for price drops .

Your explanation is the same as mine otherwise. LOL;)

Ah, yes, but it depends on whether the "price drop" is a real or imaginary one, right? Money I have plunked down, or money I want to plunk down. :D:D My imaginary money means as much to me as my real money.............hope I haven't talked in circles here.

Do you go back to your travel agent or can you call RC directly yourself to obtain better pricing?

TBSCruiser is correct, which brings up another subject. Be sure to check with whatever travel agent you use and get their change, cancellation, and rebooking policies up front, preferrably in writing.

You want one that doesn't charge you fees of any kind: they get paid by the cruise line, and if they can feel confident you will be a repeat customer, then they should gladly save you the money.

My TA says it's just more money for the next cruise, and she (literally once) runs for the phone to get the price drop before the prices change. Yes, they can go back up again, and they usually do.

You start with a baseline price, and when it goes down you grab that price. You cannot pay more, but you can still go down if the price drops more. I have a cruise right now booked for October that I've had a $650 per person price drop since I booked. The price is now BACK UP to what I paid originally, but I keep the lower price.

Archived