Child Free Ships

lostinvegas

I know Artemis is child free are there any other child free ships owned by P&O or anyone else?

The reason is it looks like work is going to be quiet in the summer and it would be nice to get away for a week but I know it will be the school holidays and I don't want to be over run with children.

Chris

Yes, Arcadia is also child-free.

Of course, you'll be overrun by all those other adults who prefer to holiday away from kids. Teachers make up a significant proportion, apparently.

Good idea Chris.

After 2 weeks of the little darlings on Oceana, I would definitely say Artemis or Arcadia for a cruise with P&O.

Week 1 was OK and the little (or quite big actually)sweeties were in the kids clubs, but by week 2 they had made friends and went around in packs!

I never even got a swim in any of the pools. There was an allocated adults only pool at the stern, but nobody paid any attention.

After seeing one young child lose the contents of nappy and the pool having to be emptied, I became a non-swimmer!

BTW - I don't dislike children, I just dislike parents who let their kids run riot.

The worst thing I saw was a 9 or 10 yr old boy sitting up at the bar with his mother in Le Club (the nightclub)!!! It was about 11pm.

Already booked Oriana, but hoping as it's a 25 night cruise that the bigger kids won't be allowed off school that long. Here's hoping!

Caryl

Already booked Oriana, but hoping as it's a 25 night cruise that the bigger kids won't be allowed off school that long. Here's hoping!

Caryl

I hope for your sake that you are right, but parents seem to think that there is some God given right to take children out of school. There is not, and in my view schools should refuse all requests that are based around the fact that holidays are cheaper outside the school holidays. That is, at least, the official position in the UK and in the law of England and Wales.

unfortunatly Arcadia does not have any itinerys that suit us. Are there any other cruise lines that do adult free ships or is P&O the only one? or should I be asking that question on a different forum?

Chris

Have a look at Transocean's Marco Polo - there may be a few children onboard, but they do not market themselves as child-friendly. Also Fred Olsen may be worth a look; others may be able to tell you how many children are likely to be on board during the school holidays, but I would have thought that they are not the first line that would spring to mind for most people travelling with ankle-biters...

Mary

Why not have a look at Princess's Royal, Ocean and Pacific. They are smallish ships, approx 700 passengers and although not guaranteed child free, the brochure states that the ships do not have a dedicated Youth and Teen centre. When I have been on these ship I have seen very few children on board even in August. Also American kids have different dates for school holidays.

Or Azamara Cruises, the Celebrity small-ship spin-off that has ships with the same layout as the small Princess ones (they all previously belonged to Renaissance Cruises that had 8 identical small ships but went bust!).

Archived