Back from our Bermuda wedding!

Omg I have no idea where to even start!!

We had an amazing 5 days. The ship was fantastic, food was unbelievable, we had such a smooth sailing also.

Monday we arrived in Bermuda. My mom, hubby and I got off the boat in the morning. We walked around the Dockyard, bought what we needed for gifts then headed back to the boat. The whole time I was checking the sky since there was this huge black cloud over head.

Once we went back to our room I showered, then headed off to get my hair done at the ships salon. My hair stylist Maria was awesome!! She did my hair exactly how I wanted. My MOH, mom and I sat and had champagne while we had our hair done. After that, we went back to my moms room, ordered some room service. Sat around, ate, finally it was time to start my makeup. My MOH did my makeup and it looked SO good!

About 4:45pm my mom and MOH watched everyone get off the boat into the bus to take them to the resort, so we had the all clear to go up top and get a few pics. About 5pm, we headed down and caught our taxi to the resort. The worse part was the taxi had NO AC!! I was dying! We get to the resort, the photographer was finishing up pics with my inlaws and hubby. Our coodinater was trying to hurry since it was getting dark and looking like rain. So we stood up in the guest services office watching them do pics.

After they where all done, we went down to the beach to get ready. I was hiding behind these tree's and bushes lol! I can't believe I didn't break down crying during my vows! We actually where laughing since I totally screwed mine up right at the end!! It was everything I could ask for. Right as they pronounced us husband and wife, the sun came out from behind a cloud. It was the coolest thing!! We went around to do our pics on the cliffs.

We finished all our pics around the resort, we started to head back to do cake and our toast, the heaven's opened up! It was pouring!!! I'm running back under the tent that was set up. I see people running with our cake, chairs and champagne. It was like the rain waited for us to finish pics!

Our cake was OMG GOOD! I can't say enough about Phyllis at 9 Beaches and Dannielle. Everything was absolutley amazing!!

Hopefully I'll have some pics to post later. We just got home about 2 hours ago, I haven't even looked at my luggage!

OMG THE BEST PART!! I almost forgot!!

We get back to the boat, we managed to get our reservations for Portofino's. As we're waiting to be seated everyone is coming by wishing us there best. I sit down, here comes all these big wigs, in there fancy dress blues. This man stops and starts to shake my hand and wishes my good luck and is standing there talking to me. My MOH goes "OMG YOU ARE THE CAPTAIN OF THE SHIP!" All this time I'm looking at his name tag, and it's not really sinking in. He gives me a kiss on the cheek, gives his congrats and well wishes. We get our picture taken with him in the hall. Then the assistant capt comes over and gives me a kiss on the cheek. We felt like celeberties!! It was the coolest thing ever!!!!

Yay!! I was on here earlier this morning to look and see if you got home yet :D So glad everything turned out so well...and that the rain held off for you! Was it Capt Ryan that congratulated you? I would assume so since he was our captain a few weeks ago. I know you have to rest and unpack and all...but I am dying to see some pictures!!!!!!!:):)

Actually it was Capt Olav. He was so cool!!

Ok since I got some pics uploaded!!

ry%3D400

BM and Ring Bearer

ry%3D400

From Left to Right Uncle, MIL, Hubby, Dad

ry%3D400

BM and Hubby

ry%3D400

Mom and Dad walking me down the isle

ry%3D400

During our sand ceremony

ry%3D400

Praying

ry%3D480

Making it legal!!

ry%3D400

He actually signed too! Ha!

ry%3D400

The Happy Newlyweds!!

ry%3D400

Our Cake, it was EXACTLY what I wanted, and tasted SOOO good!!!

ry%3D400

Hubby with his mommy!

ry%3D400

The Captain with us!

ry%3D400

They gave us a mini cake and sang to us in Portofino's. It was to die for!!

We had this same waiter both times we ate at Portofino's!!:D:D The rest of your pics are beautiful as well! Your cake looked awesome and it didn't look like there were gray skies or anything. Glad you are back!

Cattie- Congratulations! I am so happy for you! It looks like you guys had an amazing time. I am glad that it did not rain on your ceremony...it's always strange how these things seem to work out.

I am also happy that you enjoyed your cruise and especially the dinner at Portofinos. What time did you arrive to the ship on the day of departure?

After looking at both yours and Esbie's reviews I am not sooo excited to go on our cruise!

Can't wait to see more of your pics!

Tara,

I think we arrived around 1130ish? Both coming and going was ungodly smooth at the port. I'm guessing they changed the way you get off the ship, so it was super easy! Last year we had to wait in line forever!

It was a little rocky on the way out to Bermuda, but beautiful on the way home. We can't wait to go back!!

Hopefully I'll have my pro pics soon so I can post some of those!!

• 2 weeks later...

Cattie, you were a beautiful bride..Everything appeard to have ran smoothly. I loved looking at your photos and was very excited to see your review when you posted it.Congratulations and welcome back!:)

Looks soo beautiful!! How did you get the reservation at portofino's for the group?? Day of departure?

We ran down as soon as we got on the ship. They where great. They even made the exception for the 1 child we had that was 8 with us.

Cattie what resort did you use for the wedding? DID you use TWE or an on island coordinator?

We did everything at 9 Beaches. I saw you other post. There is a bride here who used Coco Reef, however that price quote for just a site fee was $1500, where as 9 Beaches was $700 if I remember. Phyllis the WC for 9 Beaches was phenomenal.

I didn't go through TWE due to all the horror stories I read here. I went through The Wedding Salon. Barbara was great. However I would suggest going through a resort's planner, it will save you money.

Archived