Personal Vacation Planners

rcarrosq

Does anybody have a clue as to what's going on at Carnival? For a few years we had a great PVP named David Reed and about a year ago, after he did not return my calls, I called and found out he was no longer with Carnival. I was assigned a new PVP who I was equally happy with (Heidi Siegle) and when I called to get more info on the cruise I booked for November, I got the message that she is not longer with Carnival:confused::eek: What gives?

Does anybody have a clue as to what's going on at Carnival? For a few years we had a great PVP named David Reed and about a year ago, after he did not return my calls, I called and found out he was no longer with Carnival. I was assigned a new PVP who I was equally happy with (Heidi Siegle) and when I called to get more info on the cruise I booked for November, I got the message that she is not longer with Carnival:confused::eek: What gives?

I had Heidi too! Loved her! I believe she got promoted.

Assuming that the PVP's work in a call center I would tell you that they are promoted quite often if they are good. Also, call center have very high attrition rates which would call for the reason they come and go so much. I manage a call center and we have a 30% turnover rate and most people get promoted within 6 months if they last that long.

They may also have gotten fired. I just filed a complaint with Carnival about the PVP I had. I actually did not understand the purpose of a PVP as I'm perfectly capable of booking everything on my own and I like the instant confirmation and printout of doing it online. I booked my first cruise completely online myself and then after that cruise I started getting a call from a PVP every few months. He was very nice and helpful to talk to however, in a sense to pushy. I will book when I want to book but he kept wanting to call me monthly.

I finally looked online, saw 2 1A cabins left on the cruise I want and booked. It said my booking went through the credit card but was denied by room class so I had to select again. I selected again and it did the same thing so I requested a call from Carnival. My PVP called and got mad that I booked online and started going on about how he had a family to feed and that I took money away from him (I guess they work on commission.) I asked if my reservation went through and he got snotty with me and said yes. I asked for my confirmation number and he told me if he called to book with him he could give that to me, but now he couldn't. I hung up, requested another call back and got someone else. THe new gentleman helped with everything and so I asked to speak to a supervisor and informed how the first PVP was very rude and how the second one was great.

So it could be some are just to pushy and lose it.

I've had 2 PVP's. They have both left Carnival. I think there's a big turnover in those jobs.

BTW, just an FYI....we really aren't supposed to name PVP's here. I'm sure since yours are no longer employed, it's not a big deal, just wanted to give you a heads up. :)

Archived