Mariner's in Seattle and it's not raining (photo)!

Here is a picture of the Mariner of the Seas as it was leaving Seattle this afternoon. Picture was taken from a location Northwest of Seattle. Point of view is looking to the Northeast across Puget Sound and towards the Cascade mountain range (which is under the clouds). The tallest evergreen tree has a bald eagle sitting in the top most boughs. A few minutes earlier there was deer in an open area between me and the shoreline. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! As a native northwesterner I'm not supposed to tell anybody that it sometimes doesn't rain in May.

Mariner_Flag_Eagle.jpg

Here is a picture of the Mariner of the Seas as it was leaving Seattle this afternoon. Picture was taken from a location Northwest of Seattle. Point of view is looking to the Northeast across Puget Sound and towards the Cascade mountain range (which is under the clouds). The tallest evergreen tree has a bald eagle sitting in the top most boughs. A few minutes earlier there was deer in an open area between me and the shoreline. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! As a native northwesterner I'm not supposed to tell anybody that it sometimes doesn't rain in May.

Mariner_Flag_Eagle.jpg

Very nice picture.........looks like it might be north of Bainbridge Island...maybe Kingston.

It appears that the southern most tip of Whidbey Island is to the left of the Mariner.

Is this close????:D:D

I left Whidbey Island in 1999 to come to Arizona to help take care of my brides Mom and Dad.

Rick

Very nice picture.........looks like it might be north of Bainbridge Island...maybe Kingston.

It appears that the southern most tip of Whidbey Island is to the left of the Mariner.

Is this close????:D:D

Rick

You are right on. I took the picture from the deck of my house just south of Kingston. And yes, that is Whidbey island to the left of the flag pole. I was bummed that Mt. Baker wasn't out today or I could have added that to the picture....or at least another snow-capped peak of the Cascade range would have been nice. A cruise ship went by a few minutes before and I was able to capture the ship and the ferry boat in the same shot...but they were in dock when the Mariner went by. Beggars can't be choosers...

Great pic. Very nice view from your deck, no views like that here in our big city, only great views are out at the ranch and then they aren't looking out over the ocean...

Dave...........I lived on Whidbey Island as a kid.........and then from 1989 thru 1999.

There is less rain on South Whidbey than almost any area in western Washington. It's know as the Banana Belt.

If you have to know how dry the Pacific Coast is......check out Squim, Wa.

And the beauty of the picture...............it's the rain........!!:D:D

Rick

Beautiful shot! I'd love a couple of those nice weather days when we're in Seattle in early June prior to our Rhapsody cruise.

Thanks for sharing a wonderful photo. And mum's the word on that nasty rumor that the sun does actually shine in Seattle in May! ;)

Mariner_Flag_Eagle.jpg

Nice picture, a little more depth of field would have given clarity to the actual ship, but well done.

Nice picture, a little more depth of field would have given clarity to the actual ship, but well done.

Huh? I'm not a professional photographer.....I just used a cheap point-and-shoot camera. I don't know "depth of field" from "go fly a kite."

With only a 4x zoom....this was as focused as I could get it.

ammcem, look at their screen name - they're pulling your leg and doing a bit of a "simon" on you. Stunning photo, beautiful. If RCCL has a photo contest in the future again, be sure and enter.

lol....and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker....

I'm new to the cruise critic boards...thanks for the explanation.

Let's not mention the cold windy foggy spitting rain when the ship docked at 7 a.m. At least it cleared up by late morning! Seattle is SO bi-polar!

AND THAT'S THE TRUTH!! I was on that ship, and it was beautiful by the time we left.;)

Oh well, had a great time anyway! Loved the itinerary, rain and all!:D

Great pic, BTW.......

Archived