Mariner's in Seattle and it's not raining (photo)!

Here is a picture of the Mariner of the Seas as it was leaving Seattle this afternoon. Picture was taken from a location Northwest of Seattle. Point of view is looking to the Northeast across Puget Sound and towards the Cascade mountain range (which is under the clouds). The tallest evergreen tree has a bald eagle sitting in the top most boughs. A few minutes earlier there was deer in an open area between me and the shoreline. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! As a native northwesterner I'm not supposed to tell anybody that it sometimes doesn't rain in May.

Don't believe it, that's a doctored picture. It has never been sunny here in Seattle. I live up here and it rains every day, 24hours a day. So everyone stay away!!! :D

Let's not mention the cold windy foggy spitting rain when the ship docked at 7 a.m. At least it cleared up by late morning! Seattle is SO bi-polar!

I was thinking the same thing. It was a nasty morning but it sure did clear up.

That is a great photo.

Nice picture, a little more depth of field would have given clarity to the actual ship, but well done.

You are soooooooooo right on.........I think that it's the new Vaaasssdam

but I could be wrong.......because........even tho it's not that clear........the hull is not blue!:D

Only SimonCowell.............oh whatever.........would have made mention of this.

Were you booked on a Mexican Riviera trip.........that got foiled???

Great picture...............and a little bitter. Just wondering why??

Rick

Thanks for the photo. I can almost see myself on our balcony giving praise to your SUN goddess.

There are great pictures of the Mariner during our sailaway May 10th. Almost everyone in shorts for the last time and then we put on the woollies.

Marge

Don't believe it, that's a doctored picture. It has never been sunny here in Seattle. I live up here and it rains every day, 24hours a day. So everyone stay away!!! :D

But we all remember that song, "The Bluest Skies You'll Ever See are in Seattle..."

:cool:

Here is a picture of the Mariner of the Seas as it was leaving Seattle this afternoon. Picture was taken from a location Northwest of Seattle. Point of view is looking to the Northeast across Puget Sound and towards the Cascade mountain range (which is under the clouds). The tallest evergreen tree has a bald eagle sitting in the top most boughs. A few minutes earlier there was deer in an open area between me and the shoreline. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! As a native northwesterner I'm not supposed to tell anybody that it sometimes doesn't rain in May.

Mariner_Flag_Eagle.jpg

Ah yes...Sailaway was indeed without rain and quite beautiful. We had rain, drizzle, and cold earlier in the day but the weather cleared nicely and stayed clear (albeit cold) on the way home.

Beautiful picture, thanks for sharing!!

I hope our neighbors are having a wonderful time on the Mariner :D

###

We had a great time! I loved the cooler temps, wish I could of brought that back with us!!! :) :)

Thanks for sharing the photo.

Terri thanks for posting the link!

Thanks for the picture! I was on board and you're right, it was a lovely afternoon but a nasty morning. After two cold and misty earlier ports I decided to stay on board instead of braving another shivering day in port. I'm happy for all those that did go on-shore that the weather turned out pretty nice. I love Seattle and lucky for me I've been there a number of times before so I didn't feel like I had missed out completely.

BTW....It was a fun cruise and the weather for the last 2 days at sea were the about the best two of the week. Nice way to end a cruise.

What a great picture! It was raining and cold in the morning. Took the free shuttle to Seattle Center and toured the "Experience Music Project" - fantastic exhibit. Once we came back outside, it was clear. By the time we finished at the needle, it was sunny and beautiful! Couldn't find the entrance for monorail, so into a $6 cab to Pikes Place so we could make the most of our time onshore. Loved Seattle...wonderful sailaway. The clouds lifted about 45 minutes into it and we could see the snowcapped mountains.

BTW, it was a Royal Caribbean ship (Serenade or Rhapsody?) at the downtown pier that day, not Princess. Pacific Princess was with us at Pier 91.

BTW, it was a Royal Caribbean ship (Serenade or Rhapsody?) at the downtown pier that day, not Princess. Pacific Princess was with us at Pier 91.

Yes, Pacific Princess was next to us at Pier 91, but it was the Golden Princess at the downtown pier....I would recognize her anywhere.

No problem :)

All in all, it was a wonderful cruise, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I even mentioned to Captain Johnny that this would be a wonderful itinerary for the Mariner. He nodded and said, "Not so much in the winter"...and smiled. No, but the summer would be a great time for it. His acknowledgment led me to believe that maybe RCI is looking into it......(???)

Now, if I could just convince them to do an LA/Hawaii round trip..........I wouldn't have to go on Princess....:D

Agree - it was a nice cruise and we enjoyed the crew and ship very much. We had just been on the Serenade a month ago and the Mariner crew was just as pleasant and accommodating. The rain and cooler temps didn't bother us at all (it was 90 at home). We stayed in Santa Monica pre-cruise and had an easy time getting off the ship and home via LAX. Nothing to complain about whatsoever. :)

Oooppps...I lied........It was the Sapphire Princess........not the Golden......

They are similar, but Golden's Skywalker Lounge is all the way back......Sapphire's is a little more foreward....my bad :eek:

Guess I have Golden on the brain.........taking her to Hawaii next year:D

Archived