renting car @LAX returning at Long Beach off airport location???

We are thinking about renting a car at LAX when we arrive and returning it the next morning at the off airport location in Long Beach. The address is on E. Ocean Blvd. Mapquest shows it just a few miles from Carnival terminal. We will be travelling with a group that has driven down from SF, so someone can follow DH to the location and bring him back.

Has anyone done this? Is it a good idea? Are there any reasons not to do this since we really want to have a car the day before?

I had the same quesiton. Just called the Budget location in Long Beach on Ocean Ave, they have no shuttle to or from the pier, so you have to take a taxi (she said it's about $5-10). Wondering if the Passport bus would be an option (I'm picturing dropping luggage off with a porter at the pier, then returning the car.

I just checked Avis and they have a location about a mile from the pier. We are going with several other families that are parking at the pier so someone will probably just follow us there and take us back. Is that an option for you?

Enterprise has a shuttle to the pier but charges a $40 one-way fee. Since it is just 2 of us, we decided to Super Shuttle it and leave the driving to someone else. After adding in gas and hotel parking, I think it was only about $25-30 cheaper.

Archived