Canon D10, Pentax w60 or Olympus Tough 8000

I just received an email today notifying me that the Canon D10 will be shippng in 2 weeks. I have also ordered the Olympus Tough 8000 and the Pentax w60. I am going to evaluate them to determine which one to keep.

My gripe with the last underwater digital camera (Pentax Optio w10) was the latency between when you would press the button and when the picture was taken. I would miss the fish that I wanted to take. Also, the viewfinder was poor while snorkeling and could not see anything through the screen at times. I also found the picture quality to be poor underwater.

Are any of these others that I am considering better? The last underwater camera that I purchased was three to four years ago.

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks

I just received an email today notifying me that the Canon D10 will be shippng in 2 weeks. I have also ordered the Olympus Tough 8000 and the Pentax w60. I am going to evaluate them to determine which one to keep.

My gripe with the last underwater digital camera (Pentax Optio w10) was the latency between when you would press the button and when the picture was taken. I would miss the fish that I wanted to take. Also, the viewfinder was poor while snorkeling and could not see anything through the screen at times. I also found the picture quality to be poor underwater.

Are any of these others that I am considering better? The last underwater camera that I purchased was three to four years ago.

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks

On the Pentax, make sure you set the flash to always go off when snorkeling, it helps.

Test should be good, I am looking forward to the Cannon myself. I think they make some of the best P&S cameras out there and I am a Nikon DSLR owner. I do own a Pentax W30 for snorkeling and I had a previous model.

Good luck, I have been looking for a review of the Cannon in magazines.

I just got the Canon D10 today I will take it to my local YMCA and test it in the pool soon. I had an early version of the Pentax which leaked and a Olympus Stylus 850 which I didn't like the lens quality of. Any modern camera should have little if any perceptible delay compared to those of 5 years or more ago.

I was amazed by the picture quality of the Optio w60 and then I received the Canon d10. The Canon d10 picure quality surpassed the Pentax. I will try and attach some photos taken with the camera. Some were taken underwater in my pool and the other was outside the pool

24.jpg.f3c807e005c6755c08f09c4cc74e2cfe.jpg

12.jpg.6a8b1d3c8f901d0210f9648d9abb9328.jpg

Archived