Help with online check-in

We are cruising with Royal for the first time next week. We booked online and have completed (so we hope) the online check-in process on RCL's website. Just want to check with the experienced RCL cruisers that the only documentation we need for boarding is the SetSail Pass. Is there one for each passenger or each cabin? Thanks for your help!

We are cruising with Royal for the first time next week. We booked online and have completed (so we hope) the online check-in process on RCL's website. Just want to check with the experienced RCL cruisers that the only documentation we need for boarding is the SetSail Pass. Is there one for each passenger or each cabin? Thanks for your help!

Only one is needed per cabin as long as each individual is attached. Don't forget ID as well. Have fun!! :)

Only one is needed per cabin as long as each individual is attached. Don't forget ID as well. Have fun!! :)
Does RCCL send paper tickets and luggage tags in the mail, or a binder with additional information, or is everything done online now?

I think I'd prefer paper tickets sent to me, and not simply printed from my crappy printer, to be saved as mementos of my trip.

If you book through some of the big online agencies, they only do e-docs. Everything you need is on the e-docs including a facsimile of the luggage tag or you can just get them at the pier. It's not a big deal. I agree, though, that the e-docs to not serve well as souvenirs of your trip.

I'm sad now. This is my first booking through a T/A and I didn't get the option and now I don't have the option to cut up my cruise document book for my cruise scrapbook! PDF isn't as shiney!

We've booked through our TA a number of times, and requested hard copy documents. They told RCCL, which generated them and sent them to the TA, who got them to me. I would give your agent a call and tell him/her what you want.

Alan

Even if you get paper documents, you still need to complete online check in and print out your Set Sail pass (there is not one included in the mailed docs). All the physical docs include are luggage tags and a small booklet summarizing your information and outlaying excursions. I found that my booklet was still missing a lot of info that was later provided when I completed my online check in.

Hope that helped, happy cruising!

Archived