No more past guest pins.

Fat Boy

I just got back yesterday from a sailing on the Holiday. I was a little surprised when our past guest party invite didn't include the whale tail pin with the ship name. I was at the pursors desk later in the day and happened to ask about it. The attendant said they are no longer giving those out. I asked if this was a new policy since February, or if it was just for the Holiday (since it will be retired in 5 months). She said they discontinued them last week, fleetwide. She did have a couple in the back room that she gave us anyway, but I don't think that'll be the case on all the ships. Bummer, too, as I was looking forward to building the "Platinum Collection" over the next couple years. Maybe they'll start selling them in the gift shop instead.

I understand that everyone is making cost cutting moves... It's just a little disapointing that they're taking the nickle and diming to this level. How much could those have possibly cost? I know... When you have 500,000 past guests every year, even a 25 cent pin makes a difference.

So if you're sailing soon, and you have your heart set on getting that pin, double-check the pursors desk.

I don't blame them for this - most people probably throw these away or sell them on ebay, lol. We have at least 30 Fantasy pins floating around the house somewhere - and we will gladly pass up on receiving any additional pins if it helps Carnival keep their prices low :)

I just got back yesterday from a sailing on the Holiday. I was a little surprised when our past guest party invite didn't include the whale tail pin with the ship name. I was at the pursors desk later in the day and happened to ask about it. The attendant said they are no longer giving those out. I asked if this was a new policy since February, or if it was just for the Holiday (since it will be retired in 5 months). She said they discontinued them last week, fleetwide. She did have a couple in the back room that she gave us anyway, but I don't think that'll be the case on all the ships. Bummer, too, as I was looking forward to building the "Platinum Collection" over the next couple years. Maybe they'll start selling them in the gift shop instead.

I understand that everyone is making cost cutting moves... It's just a little disapointing that they're taking the nickle and diming to this level. How much could those have possibly cost? I know... When you have 500,000 past guests every year, even a 25 cent pin makes a difference.

So if you're sailing soon, and you have your heart set on getting that pin, double-check the pursors desk.

Hey Mr "Stirrer of Pots" ;) In 9 days I will be on the Valor for the 2nd time and I was really looking forward to getting my pin....now you've made me sad.....BOOHOO!!!! (but I will ask at the desk as you suggest so thanks for that tip :) )

Just did the May 04-09 sailing on the Destiny and got the pin, it was my first cruise as a past guest so I was happy to get it...wouldn't really matter to me if they didn't give them out anymore though. I like to pick up a Christmas tree ornament from each vacation/ship : )

Megan

I love those pins! If they are still available in the gift shop, I will buy them. If I don't get one on the Pride, I will have to call Carnival and complain. Even if we don't attend the past guest party, the pin is always what I really want.

They took away the picture of the ship you used to get on the last nite in the DR, so now I can't complete my placemat collection.

If they take away my pin, I'm never sailing Carnival again;):D:rolleyes::eek::p

Yep Fat Boy...They told us the same on the Glory last week.

Cabin steward got us two.......

I know it seems silly to some but to others it is not....

I have a really bad memory.....BURP......due to dranking on a cruise and like to remember the ship I was on when I get off....LOL.....

If they have to cutback on something the pin would be my first choice.

Mine would be the thermos for Platinum-I know I should not me ungrateful, they are giving me a gift, but dang I have enough thermos's (sp?) to keep all the customers in a Starbucks coffee hot. Give me a drink coupon I'll be happy. And while they are at it they keep those yucky canapies and Hors d' Oeuvres and just give me chocolate covered strawberries.

Just of of the inspiration yesterday and got the pins there!

Where/How did you get the pins? I can't for the life of me remember how we got our last pin 4 years ago! Seems like our Steward brought it with the Past Guest Cocktail Party invitation... ??:confused:

So how was your cruise? Did you like the Inspiration? We are so excited; this will be our 4th, my 5th cruise and we're celebrating our 30 year anniversary. :rolleyes: Is there anything special I can organize on the cruise? someting thru the director?.......

Lisa

Archived