No more past guest pins.

Fat Boy

I was on the Freedom, May 23-31st. I had heard that pins were going to be discontinued. We were invited to what we though was a past guest party - no pin with the invitation. Boy was I sad.

Turns our the "party" was a sales pitch for those who have cruised more than a few times, Free drinks were given out and those invited were encouraged to book another cruise while on board. It reminded me of the old Carnival Vacation Club.

We did have a past guest party on another night and our pins were included with our invitations. I am still worried though. It makes sense that this would be an area where Carnival could cut back - especially since some people don't really care about the pins.

I, for one, have fun collecting the pins. They just make me smile. If Carnival is going to discontinue giving them out, I think past guests should be given the opportunity to purchase one for a few dollars.

It would please those of us who like the pins, save the company money, and possibly turn into another source of revenue.

Anyone out there got connections to Carnival to pitch the idea to them ???? :)

Thanks so much you just answered my question concerning the pins on resent cruises.

[/b]

Word is that Carnival has heard our pleas and is going to put them in the gift shops on the ships. I don't know when this will happen, but have it from John's blog that Carnival has heard our pleas.

Thank you, Julie. I sure hope that is the case! - Charlotte

We just got off the Valor on Sunday and did NOT receive a pin. When we asked the CD we were told they don't have them anymore :(

I wish I would have thought to beg the room steward.....

Looks like you are in luck. The wife found one. Of course I had the years wrong. We went in 1999 and 2000. The pin says Sensation and the year 2000 on it.

wgc41@yahoo.com

Bill

Bill.... Your very kind and generous gift was in the mail box today.... Thank You, and your wife ~~!!~~ You both are very kind.....88.gif

Bummer. Well just so long as they don't cancel the free booze at the past guest party.

I just wish they had better drinks for those of us that don't drink alcohol at those parties.. the fruit cocktail i think can be found in the buffet!

I don't mind missing the pins!

Bill.... Your very kind and generous gift was in the mail box today.... Thank You, and your wife ~~!!~~ You both are very kind.....88.gif

Glad we could help you complete your collection. Good luck acquiring the rest.

Thanks for letting me know you received the pin. Enjoy!:)

Bill

Just off Liberty 6/6/09 and past guest pins were included along with the past guest party invitations.:)

Same here Mike. Though it was difficult to make the 5:15 scheduling as we were on the 2nd to the last tender from Grand Cayman. Didn't make the cocktail party.:(

We just got off the Valor on Sunday and did NOT receive a pin. When we asked the CD we were told they don't have them anymore :(

I wish I would have thought to beg the room steward.....

It wouldn't have done you any good. Same scenario with the Glory in May. No past guest pins could be found anywhere, and I asked everyone I saw. I even asked at the shops on board, and the clerk was surprised that they didn't give them out at the past guest party.

I asked our room steward, and he said he had been searching for them too, but was disappointed that he couldn't find any either.

I finally got one, thanks to Nancy, a very kind and generous CC member. :)

We were on Holiday in September, and Inspiration last month. I hadn't even heard about the pins until now, and didn't get one on either sailing. Only Inspiration offered a past guest party, and we didn't make it to that one. :( Wish I had known about it because I collect pins from all the countries we visit and it would have been nice to add to my collection.

Archived