balcony mini suite question

ckr31

I recently had a mini suite on the Sapphire,and have booked a 14 day cruise on the grand.I was wondering is their a couch in the balcony staterooms and is their a real differnce between a balcony and the mini suite besides about $600

We have stayed in both types of cabins and the sister ships like the Emerald, Diamond, Ruby etc as well as the Grand, Golden, Sea etc have exactly the same layout. The Mini has the couch and the veranda cabin on has a chair.

We are booked on the 5-30-09 Alaska on the Golden and actually booked the Veranda over the mini suite because we felt since we were cool weather cruising, we wouldn't be sitting on the couch (or napping as my DH loves to do) and saved the $$. The good news is we were upgraded to a mini anyway at the same price as a BB.

It is a preference and in my husbands case he is happy to know he will have a couch to nap on even though the door will more than likely be closed!!! There is a tub in the mini suites and I think there is more storage and closet space. There is no "entry table" in a veranda cabin and I also think the balcony is bigger.

I recently had a mini suite on the Sapphire,and have booked a 14 day cruise on the grand.I was wondering is their a couch in the balcony staterooms and is their a real differnce between a balcony and the mini suite besides about $600

We find a huge difference in the two types of staterooms. A balcony stateroom (even though some have extra large balconys) is more or less just a bedroom with no couch and pretty much only one comfortable chair, with small bathroom (think tiny here) with shower only.

Where as a mini suite gives you the bedroom area, sitting room area, and larger bathroom with shower/tub combination and even two televisions.

Our last balcony stateroom was about 7 or 8 years ago. We decided right then it would be a mini suite or nothing. One thing we find is if we have any rainy weather or lots of wind, we can still comfortably watch whatever we pass from the comfort of our own little livingroom. ;)

I was wondering is their a couch in the balcony staterooms and is their a real differnce between a balcony and the mini suite besides about $600
Yes, a big difference:

1. A balcony cabin is a standard outside cabin with a balcony, about the size of your mini-suite up to the desk without the other area.

2. The bathroom in a standard balcony cabin doesn't have a tub; it's a small shower. The vanity is also a bit smaller.

3. There's only one TV; no couch. There's a chair and a tiny table. Let's see if this works but here's a virtual view of a balcony cabin (it's pretty accurate): http://delivery.vrxstudios.com/princess/vrxviewer.asp?id=1424

2745617410101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

Archived