Did you rebook off the Mariner...beware!

Due to the change, I rebooked my daughters honeymoon cruse to Liberty of the sea. I was told that they would receive $150 onboard credit. Well, they sailed this week and was told onboard that because they didn't have anything in writing, they couldn 't honor it.

I'm on the phone now with RC....I will insist that they credit my CC the $150 for it ended up costing us over $1100 to make the change in the first place.

Due to the change, I rebooked my daughters honeymoon cruse to Liberty of the sea. I was told that they would receive $150 onboard credit. Well, they sailed this week and was told onboard that because they didn't have anything in writing, they couldn 't honor it.

I'm on the phone now with RC....I will insist that they credit my CC the $150 for it ended up costing us over $1100 to make the change in the first place.

Would you please post the details? I can't follow what you are saying.

We rebooked on the Liberty and actually sailed on May 2. It cost us new airfare and over $1000 to make the change. I was told that I would be getting $350 ship board credit. I had that conversation over the phone with RCCL while all the mayhem over the cancellations were going on. Needless to say I did not have anything in writing either. So when I got on the ship I spent each day at the guest relations. They were very nice to me but I did not receive the $350. I did however receive the $150 while onboard.

We also rebooked our Mariner cruise for August and was told the 150 obc would be on our account onboard. They would not give me anything in writing. Should I insist on an email or something or are rebooked passengers getting their obc? We are sticking with Mariner, just changing dates. (maybe that makes a difference)

We did the same thing as you. Just rebooked Mariner for August and paid the difference in fares. We were promised $150 per cabin obc. But like you, we never got anything in writing. We were told it would show up when we get onboard...... I sure hope so!! as I promised the kids they could spend the obc on video games in the arcade and visit Ben & Jerry's, Johnny Rockets etc..

Please let us know if you do get something in writing. :)

We also rebooked our Mariner cruise for August and was told the 150 obc would be on our account onboard. They would not give me anything in writing. Should I insist on an email or something or are rebooked passengers getting their obc? We are sticking with Mariner, just changing dates. (maybe that makes a difference)

We rebooked from 6/14 to 6/21 and this was part of the confirmation invoice I got via email:

OBC0-$25 ONBRDCR

OBC2-$100 ONBRDCR

OBC1-$50 ONBRDCR

I'm not really sure why it says this since we are supposed to get $300 OBC (suite with third person). I'm too tired from doing all the changes today so I'll call them tomorrow. Anyone else get something in their docs?

I was promised the onboard credit also, however, I found out unless the agent transferred the key word here "same booking number" over to the new ship the credit will not happen. Our agent cancelled our booking and booked Adventure of the Seas getting a new booking number and that is how I found out why we will not get the onboard credit upon inquiry to RCI. It cost us alot of money to buy new tickets to go to San Juan and the ones we have we must use by November of this year which won't happen so that is money gone with the wind. The airline we booked to go to LA from the Pacific Northwest does not go everywhere as well as everyone involved cannot get anymore time off this year except me.

If they promise you OBC they should be able to put it in writing. I would be uncomfortable if they didn't. How can you proove that it was actually offered.

I always take the e-mails with me to confirm because frequently things are not as promised. They are human and deal with many people so mistakes happen.

So...what happened?

Maybe this will help? When I called this morning, the agent told me that since I made my change yesterday (Saturday), the OBC doesn't show up until the system updates and that doesn't happen on weekends. She said that the $175 OBC that was listed on the confirmation was actually done to cover the fuel surcharge which I don't have to pay so that was how the previous agent was able to back it out. There was a note in the reservation saying that we would indeed get the $300 OBC. So it should be showing on Monday.

Nothing is listed on our confirmation email either. Where would the credit be listed?

I checked to see if we had the same booking number. We do have the same numbers, just different sailing dates, prices and cabin numbers. Nowhere on the page does it state "same booking number". Should we be worried about the obc? Should I phone them? I just took them at their word that the obc would be on our account when we got on the ship, now I'm beginning to doubt them.......

I was promised the onboard credit also, however, I found out unless the agent transferred the key word here "same booking number" over to the new ship the credit will not happen. Our agent cancelled our booking and booked Adventure of the Seas getting a new booking number and that is how I found out why we will not get the onboard credit upon inquiry to RCI. It cost us alot of money to buy new tickets to go to San Juan and the ones we have we must use by November of this year which won't happen so that is money gone with the wind. The airline we booked to go to LA from the Pacific Northwest does not go everywhere as well as everyone involved cannot get anymore time off this year except me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after a week of talking to everyone who works for RCCL, I was finally told that I would see the $150 on my credit card.

This was such a hassle.....please make sure that you have something in writing regarding your onboard credit.

Nothing was said as to why they didn't receive it onboard. The booking number remained the same, so nothing changed there. I'm guessing that this happened because the changes took place only 2 weeks prior to the cruise so there probably wasn't enough time for the paperwork to flow properly.

Archived