Ferry - St. George

karenl1718

Do you have an address or Street name?

No, but St. George is small, the ferry is easy to find, just ask someone to point you in the right direction. If you're at the Town Square, just head toward the water, make a left, go past a parking lot,(they call them car parks) and you'll see the ferry up ahead.

The last time I was there, in 2007, you walk off the bridge from Ordnance Island, and turn right immediately. Walk past the first building, then turn right again, back toward the water, through a little bit of an alley-way looking space. Then left along the water for about 200 feet.

If you pull up my St. Georges cruise map, and zoom in 3 clicks on the St. Georges Docks marker, you can see a parking lot which if I remember correctly is right by the pier where the ferry docks.

I doubt it's changed, but it's been over a year and a half since I was there.

Theron

The last time I was there, in 2007, you walk off the bridge from Ordnance Island, and turn right immediately. Walk past the first building, then turn right again, back toward the water, through a little bit of an alley-way looking space. Then left along the water for about 200 feet.

Theron

Our directions are basically the same but I don't think Karen is docking in St. George.;):)

Our directions are basically the same but I don't think Karen is docking in St. George.;):)

Yep, we were typing at the same time! She didn't say where she was coming from, but only gave one point of reference, which I used as a start.

I do recall when I had to catch the ferry there (after having arrived by bus) that there weren't any clear signs pointing the way... I guess they want you to ask!

:)

Theron

Yep, we were typing at the same time! She didn't say where she was coming from, but only gave one point of reference, which I used as a start.

I do recall when I had to catch the ferry there (after having arrived by bus) that there weren't any clear signs pointing the way... I guess they want you to ask!

:)

Theron

You're right about no clear signs.

Only reason I knew she wasn't docking in SG is she asked a question about the Spirit.;)

Yeah we are docking in King's Wharf. We're going to take the bus over to the Aquarium & Zoo, then the Caves, then Tobacco Bay and take the ferry back. So I guess I need to know how to get there from Tobacco Bay.

Yeah we are docking in King's Wharf. We're going to take the bus over to the Aquarium & Zoo, then the Caves, then Tobacco Bay and take the ferry back. So I guess I need to know how to get there from Tobacco Bay.

Ah, yes... you'll get off the bus and then either walk or take a "mini-cab" over the hill to Tobacco Bay. Find your way back to St. Georges (again, either a 15 minute walk or a short ride in a "mini-cab", and go into the town square, and head towards the water. Just before you get to the bridge to Ordnance Island, turn left and follow the same directions as above. Or just see the building from afar and head straight toward the little alley-way type cut-through directly, and save yourself a few steps. :)

Theron

Archived