Booking another ncl cruise while on ncl cruise

Parrot Mom

Are there any major benefits to booking a future cruise on our two week t/a this November.. would like to know if anybody has gotten any great deals while on board.. looking for one for June 2010

The only offer I'm aware of is paying $250.00 down while on the ship. That counts as your deposit toward your next cruise, and they give you an immediate $100.00 on board credit for the cruise you're on when you make the payment. We just did that about a month ago. At that time, we were told we have 2 years to book the cruise, and 2 1/2 yrs to take the cruise. But one poster here said NCL just changed that to something like 4 years. Not sure, but the time was extended from 2 yrs.

Is it a great deal? I'm not sure. But we chose it for various reasons.

They will not book a cruise while on the ship as stated above you can buy a latitudes rewards certificate good for your deposit on a future cruise. Then you are free to find the best deal you can out there to use it on.

Hi Parrot Mom,

I have purchased future cruise certificates twice ine past and it worked out well, however. If you are absolutely certain that you will be using the certificate to book within the timeframe, there is no way to lose.

The program was being heavily promoted on the Spirit last week.

I booked one of the cruises directly through NCL, and the other through an internet agency over the phone and had no problem whatsoever.

It will be interesting to see if there is any advantage to selecting your next cruise on board, versus purchasing the certificate.

Parrot Mom,the future cruise consultant on one of our cruises was extremely reluctant to do any booking. She told me her job was to sell future cruise credits, and not to book cruises. She would do it for someone who wanted to sail immediately upon disembarkation, but not for out in the future, because all she did was call a rep in Miami. She had no computer hooked to the reservation system. Her advice to me was, buy the future cruise credit, and watch for a special through the NCL website or my TA.

Al

Parrot Mom,the future cruise consultant on one of our cruises was extremely reluctant to do any booking. She told me her job was to sell future cruise credits, and not to book cruises. She would do it for someone who wanted to sail immediately upon disembarkation, but not for out in the future, because all she did was call a rep in Miami. She had no computer hooked to the reservation system. Her advice to me was, buy the future cruise credit, and watch for a special through the NCL website or my TA.

Al

Works for me!! Long time Lattitude Member and if this gives me extra credit so be it.. then I'll be able to look for deals. I know exactly what I want and when I want it..PERFECTO

Don't forget about the Military, Union, Senior or resident discount when booking. :D

We now get re-tired military, and some past cruiser bennies.. but so far ..lol we aren't in Florida where there are some real bargains..lol. I'll take all I c an get

Archived