Airport Rental

emily rose

Why not rent from a Waikiki location and save the airport fee. Most majors will have

shuttles from the ship to pick up reserved bookings. We used National last month and the

van was right outside by the regular hotel shuttle and took us to their Waikiki location.

National does not charge a drop fee to leave the car at the airport.

From Honolulu cruise terminal (please check with security upon arrival/return that you are docked at pier #2 as it could change) - several car rentals do send their shuttle & driver to pick up pre-booked passengers to their Waikiki location (Hertz, National, Alamo, Dollar & Thrifty). Most of them apparently have access to be inside the gated terminal area (run by security working at the port facilities) so they park near the NCL buses & free shopping shuttles, immediately outside the terminal building and NOT outside the gate (small metered parking lot) where taxis are waiting. I was going to use post-cruise Hertz myself 2 weeks ago and confirmed that they Waikiki rates are much, much higher - especially with HNL a/p dropoff

Thrifty, however, charged the same rates (when I booked them about 6 weeks ago) for airport return and they send their shuttle over to cruise pier to pickup all 6 of us with no extra fees (it wasn't crowded on their smaller shuttle & just another couple w. 2 kids and several luggages - rode back to their off-airport location under H-1 Fwy (known as Nimitz Hwy, Rt. 92) to get our mini-van. Sign up for their free Blue Chip program so that everything is done, a simple ID, card card & check for pre-existing body damage and you are on our way in 5 minutes upon arrival.

To refill your gas, there's the one & only Chevron gas station (none anywhere nearby the airport) on the Nimitz Hwy just before the rental dropoff and fair price @ $2.49 per gallon (same as NYC 2 weeks ago).

Thrifty & others have a free Driver Coupon book with maps & POI, and discounts that you can use in Oahu and it's much more informative than other ones that you will find everywhere like hotel lobbies & outdoor.

I am renting a car at the airport, post cruise....is there a shuttle to get to the airport from the cruise ship???

We used Thrifty and they had a shuttle at the Pier

Relatively decent price for the rental.

We normally use Enterprise but they don't have a shuttle.

Didn't want to pay for a cab, if we could help it, to get to the car rental location because it's about $30-45 depending on traffic.

I checked with thrifty rent car and their price were alot higher.I have booked alamo for 160$ for 3 days post cruise. I have a van rented as there are 4 of us and alot of luggage.Does anyone know if they have a shuttle to the airport from the pier.

Archived