Odyssey Veranda Suite Question

JaneBP

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed the latest sea trial pictures on the Seabourn site? I hope that there is still alot of protective film on the balconies, yet to be removed! Can't wait for a real report on the balconies from one of the maiden sailors.

• 3 months later...

I've searched the forum to find updates on the obstructed balcony issue on Odyssey in cat v1 and v2, but did not find any new information from those who have sailed.

We are booked in a cat v1 next year from Istanbul to Athens. I confirmed that our balcony is the standard size and doesn't taper off as some of the very forward balconies do, but then read about the obstructed view issue.

BTW, when I called Seabourn about the balcony size, they did not mention anything about a partially obstructed view.

Has anyone experienced these balconies? What's the verdict?

Thanks very much.

The v1 and v2 cabins have 80 centimeters of steel from the floor upwards followed by a glass panel and then the wooden rail. If you are concerned about an obstructed view I suggest you measure this length next to one of your windows at home and see if this is an issue or not.

Regards

Jane,

We were in suite 522 on Odyssey last week. The metal part of the railing is about 2.5 feet tall, as I recall. I have a photo and will post it as soon as I can (just got home last night). The view is not obstructed if you're sitting on the balcony or in the sitting room because you can see over the metal part. THe view is obstructed if you're lying in bed or on the couch and looking out.

Deb

Deb, I would love to see your picture just to clarify it in my mind.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback. Sounds like it hasn't turned out to be as much of an issue as some were expecting when the ship was under construction. We're already stretching our vacation budget with this trip, so upgrading to a V3 or higher is not an option for us.

We have considered bumping up to a V2 suite which would move us slightly more toward midship, but in looking at the pictures of the ship it doesn't seem like it would gain us that much.

Thanks again.

I just got this information from one who knows! There is a picture too, most informative. I don't know how to load a photo, so will email it to Dan and hope he will post it.

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Or in this case, a thousand $$.

>"There are two Balconies on both sides that are smaller than the others. The two first ones from forward.

The smallest one ( most forward deck 5 ) is 1,20 meters wide in forward part and 1,40 meters wide in aft part. Length is same as the other Balconies.

Height from teak Platform to lower part of glass under railing is appr. 0,80 meters. And yes you can see the sea from the Balcony. Please see attached picture.

PS, the person in the picture is 6foot 3" - just so you know.. :)"

Thanks for reminding us of this, after reading your post properly it has answered another post I made. Given the price of these suites I certainly can't complain, as will be just be somewhere to have brekkie and maybe the odd drink or getting spruced up for dinner, too many nice bits on the ship to chillout away from our suite.

Deb, I would love to see your picture just to clarify it in my mind.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback. Sounds like it hasn't turned out to be as much of an issue as some were expecting when the ship was under construction. We're already stretching our vacation budget with this trip, so upgrading to a V3 or higher is not an option for us.

We have considered bumping up to a V2 suite which would move us slightly more toward midship, but in looking at the pictures of the ship it doesn't seem like it would gain us that much.

Thanks again.

Here's a picture of the balcony. You can pretty clearly see how high the metal part is. Deb

1803235125_OdysseySuite522.jpg.731318aaa96c3b9cb2f76d0686d2c042.jpg

Archived