Costa Victoria Nov 24th Part 4.

seabourndt

I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT IIF I DO MORE THAN 1 DAY IT DOES NOT COME UP SO WILL DO 1 DAY AT A TIME.

FRIDAY 26TH NOV.

TODAY WE ARRIVE IN MALTA, NOT UNTIL 12PM. SO AFTER BREAKFAST IN FANTASIA REST WITH NON SPEAKING GERMANS. GOT SOME STAMPS FROM THE RECEPTION FOR MY POSTCARDS, CHANGED SOME T/CHEQUES INTO EUROS. HAD A BUFFET LUNCH ON DECK, AFTER SEING UAS ARRIVE INTO MALTA. IN PORT WAS ANOTHER COSTA SHIP "costa victoria" and another interesting ship the new "flamenco" which arrived after us. she was in naples as well but missded getting a picture. she was previously the "SPIRIT OF LONDON" many years ago them was bought by frestival cruises who recently have got bust. so don't know who owns her now. it looked like a greek flag on her though. after getting off the ship i asked about getting to popeye village, where the live action film "POPEYE".they said it would take too long to get there by bus. so i got a 2 hour tour by taxi which cost 47euros, quite a lot i think. it took 45mins to get there, so had an hour in the village. most of the other people there had got there by bus though. i saw quite a bit in the hour, the souvenir shop was very poor though. as very little was from the film, a dvd or video of the film would've been handy. as i have had a lot of trouble get hold of a copy. i got the taxi to drop me off in town, he tried to get me to say i wanted to go somewhere else. but i wanted to get out before in went over the 2hours. i walked round the town, to the harbour, where my ship was. i had to go through the duty free shop to get to the ship, but was not much of interest there. boarded the ship later. at 4.30pm was the cocktail party. i dressed up as it was supposed to be foremal. there was not many dressed up,, most had no tie or jacket on. a couple in front of me stared at me, i still don't know why? afternoon tea was not until 4.30pm which is too late for me. the captains cocktail party, took pictures but no captain seemed to be there at the time. had champagne and snacks.

then into dinner at 7.15pm on 1st sitting. it was formal so i again dressed up. as i had ordered the dvd's(a good idea i think, one of ship,one of your cruise. and one of excursions), so told themn my table number so they could put you on the dvd. unfortunaly i was on the tablew by myself. all dressed up and no one to see me. as my friend went into 2nd sitting. the show was a nother good one, not one bad show i think. ordered a half bottle of wine, no tap water so had to pay be bottled mineral water.

Archived