Bacon Police On Carnival Glory

LSL

Just got back from the Eastern itenerary on the Glory. This was our seventh Carnival cruise. We noticed something new. They now have bacon police at the Lido breakfast buffet. (I think my doctor may have had something to do with this). Yep, you can't serve yourself bacon any more - everything else is the same, you have spoons or grabberdingers to get the eggs, pancakes, etc.; you just can't get your own bacon, sausage, or ham slices. There is a cook standing there and when you ask for some bacon he/she gives you a couple of slices, that's it. If you want a little more, you have to sort of beg for it.

As for cabin selection. Be very careful about choosing one of the cabins on the extreme aft end of the ship. We were right on the back, looking at the wake, and the noise and vibration were unbelievable. I was worried about getting shaken baby syndrome and going deaf. If you're trying to sleep in a little bit on the port call mornings, forget it. The thrusters are ear shattering and will rattle you right out of bed.

They had this at some of the stations on the Spirit, but DH is a bacon monster, so just asked for some more and they always gave him more with a smile, guess it depends on the person with the tongs. I don't think it's weird, have you ever noticed the un-eaten food left on plates at buffets? It's just a good business practice, especially with bacon, it's not cheap.

Oh, no! I am a bacon fiend but mostly eat it only on cruises, since it's not the healthiest food on the planet. Cruises are my bacon-fests--but I only want the absolute crispiest pieces and I have to pick them out myself; fie on limp bacon--this is bad news!

Grin. I'm only slightly exaggerating.

(I think this thread is in the wrong area.)

Archived