Mini-Fridge Question?

brt49

The last cruise I was on, (Fascination August 08 Cabin V11) we emptied out the fridge so we could put our own stuff in it. Unfortunately we were wrongly charges for a can of soda we did not drink. (No big deal, didn't even complain) My question is: Will the cabin steward empty the fridge and take the contents with him? That way there will be no question that we drank anything. As long as the Steward is honest. (not a accusatory statement, just a state of fact) I have never had a problem, except for the can of soda.

All cabins on the Valor have the mini fridge. These fridges only keep things cold, not make them cold. you will need ice for the first few days.

Coachj is right on! Doesn't keep as cool as frig at home. Just barely cool.

We take out a shelf and set our ice bucket (ordered from room service) in the frig to make it last longer and keep the frig a little cooler.

Fun, fun!

Kat

You are very welcome. When we don't have a frig, we order 2 buckets of ice. Place a napkin on the room service tray with buckets on top. One for wine/champ. and one with water/pops. Cabin steward keeps iced for us. :) That is really easier than the frig deal other than it takes up valuable space. Usually place the tray on the little side table moved outta the way. I have to kinda set up house. :o

Kat

Coachj is right on! Doesn't keep as cool as frig at home. Just barely cool.

We take out a shelf and set our ice bucket (ordered from room service) in the frig to make it last longer and keep the frig a little cooler.

Fun, fun!

Kat

The fridges on the ships aren't really refrigerators... they're electric coolers much like the kind of thing you plug into the cigarette lighter in your car or truck.

Carnival acknowledges that in this statement:

Staterooms are equipped with mini-bars which are designed to maintain the temperature of beverages.

The sodas and such are put in there cold and kept cool. The max temperature differential they can manage is 40 degrees... 80 degree cabin... 40 degree 'fridge'...

:)

All cabins on the Valor have the mini fridge. These fridges only keep things cold, not make them cold. you will need ice for the first few days.

Thank you so much for answering my question :) and I'm so glad the answer is yes!!

The fridges on the ships aren't really refrigerators... they're electric coolers much like the kind of thing you plug into the cigarette lighter in your car or truck.

Carnival acknowledges that in this statement:

Staterooms are equipped with mini-bars which are designed to maintain the temperature of beverages.

The sodas and such are put in there cold and kept cool. The max temperature differential they can manage is 40 degrees... 80 degree cabin... 40 degree 'fridge'...

:)

Do you know if this is the same in the CAT 11? The description led me to beleive there was a mini fridge and a mini bar?

Do you know if this is the same in the CAT 11? The description led me to beleive there was a mini fridge and a mini bar?

Same fridge in all cabins. Fridge/minibar about 4 cubic feet....won't do a good job of cooling warm beverages. They must be cool already

Shoot - the carnival web site says "Includes stateroom category: 11 & 12.

These extra-large accommodations have a separate sitting area and a private balcony. Special features include a large vanity/dressing table, refrigerator and entertainment area, VCR, whirlpool bath and walk-in closet."

So I was hoping it was a real refridgerator!

Archived