Is anyone having problems with Online Check In?

elena7seas

I've been trying for days to complete "Online Check In" and am always frozen out with a blank screen that has only the Celebrity Header and an "Error 500" notification.

As instructed by Celebrity, I am not going in through "My Celebrity". Celebrity Customer Service seems to think it has something to do with last week's website maintenance work, but they can't seem to suggest a fix, and frankly, they don't seem too motivated to help.

Is anyone having the same problem? Do you have any suggestions?

I do NOT want to have to check four people in at the pier.

Thanks!

I've been trying for days to complete "Online Check In" and am always frozen out with a blank screen that has only the Celebrity Header and an "Error 500" notification.

As instructed by Celebrity, I am not going in through "My Celebrity". Celebrity Customer Service seems to think it has something to do with last week's website maintenance work, but they can't seem to suggest a fix, and frankly, they don't seem too motivated to help.

Is anyone having the same problem? Do you have any suggestions?

I do NOT want to have to check four people in at the pier.

Thanks!

YES YES YES!!! I have been trying all week to complete the online check in and get the Error 500 notification. I even tried on different computers with the same result. Called Celebrity and they told me to wait "a few" weeks and try again, that they were having computer issues. Good thing we're not sailing for a while, but I like to have everything done early.

YES YES YES!!! I have been trying all week to complete the online check in and get the Error 500 notification. I even tried on different computers with the same result. Called Celebrity and they told me to wait "a few" weeks and try again, that they were having computer issues. Good thing we're not sailing for a while, but I like to have everything done early.

I love your dancing bears, Ellen. :)

I can say that it is not a browser problem. I use Firefox and have had problems since last week. I did manage to get in and noticed that they made a lot of changes to the website last week (anyone notice that the spa now has a "menu" available?) and the bits and pieces of our reservation that I have been able to access has been enhanced. I'm thinking that the website will rock once it is fully functional. Sadly, it will eliminate the need for so many people answering the phones because a lot of what we call for will soon be handled online.

Really, the worst part of the situation seems to be that the CSR's aren't being informed of the upgrade status / or a timeline for fixing the glitches, which is a shame because these are the people who are on the front line having to answer to us for the problems.

Ultimately, unless you are cruising in the next couple of weeks, I wouldn't panic. Things seem to improve on the website daily. I'm pretty sure that they are having to go back through the code, line by line, to find the errors.

Hopefully, they aren't in the IT room playing War Craft.:)

Archived