Celebrity Summit Dining Questions

secret-agent

Hello everyone,

My fiance and I are booked on the Celebrity Meditternean cruise for our honeymoon in July. After speaking to a couple at the weekend who had been on a cruise for their honeymoon too, we have a few questions with regards to dining.

They were telling us that each evening for dinner you are at large tables with other people and you are seated with them for the duration of the cruise. We were wondering if this is the case with celebrity or whether, since it is our honeymoon, we would be able to get a table for two each night?

We were also wondering what in terms of beverages are in fact included in the price of the cruise...for example, is there wine on the table at dinner that's included...or is the 'some beverages included' statement misleading and in fact any time you want a drink, alcoholic or not, you have to pay?

Hope you are able to help xx

Just to add to my fiancee's questions above... apart from the formal dining evenings (we picked the later of the two sittings) are you fixed to dine at these times on the informal nights?

If you decide for whatever reason you just fancy a snack rather than a meal how does that work?

Outwith meals how do drinks both soft and alcoholic work... are they included within the price or not?

If not how much roughly would a beer and a spirit and a mixer cost?

Is getting room service an additional cost?

I realise these are all probably obvious to you long term cruisers... but this is completely different as we have never been on an all inclussive holiday before.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Hello everyone,

My fiance and I are booked on the Celebrity Meditternean cruise for our honeymoon in July. After speaking to a couple at the weekend who had been on a cruise for their honeymoon too, we have a few questions with regards to dining.

They were telling us that each evening for dinner you are at large tables with other people and you are seated with them for the duration of the cruise. We were wondering if this is the case with celebrity or whether, since it is our honeymoon, we would be able to get a table for two each night?

We were also wondering what in terms of beverages are in fact included in the price of the cruise...for example, is there wine on the table at dinner that's included...or is the 'some beverages included' statement misleading and in fact any time you want a drink, alcoholic or not, you have to pay?

Hope you are able to help xx

Contact your TA and ask him/her to request a table for two. Be sure to tell them that you'll be on your honeymoon. If your TA can't get it done, go to the Maitre'd as soon as you board and make the request. They will do their very best to accomodate you.

You will need to pay extra for soft drinks, bottled water, and all types of alcoholic beverages. Coffee, tea, etc. are included.

Happy Honeymoon

Donia

Just to add to my fiancee's questions above... apart from the formal dining evenings (we picked the later of the two sittings) are you fixed to dine at these times on the informal nights?

If you decide for whatever reason you just fancy a snack rather than a meal how does that work?

Outwith meals how do drinks both soft and alcoholic work... are they included within the price or not?

If not how much roughly would a beer and a spirit and a mixer cost?

Is getting room service an additional cost?

I realise these are all probably obvious to you long term cruisers... but this is completely different as we have never been on an all inclussive holiday before.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Yes, you are fixed to dine at the time you've chosen each evening. However, you can chose to dine in the bistro (same place as breakfast buffet) at any time for a $2 charge. I think the AquaSpa cafe is also open for dinner. You can also order room service at any time with no charge - except the tip for the person who delivers it.

You must pay extra for soft drinks, bottled water, and all alcoholic beverages.

There's a thread just a little further down the page about the costs of alcoholic beverages. It includes some very specific information. I would quote it for you, but CC's server seems to be running really, really sloooooowly.

You can request a table of any size (2-12 people, I think - possibly 2-10), and if you don't get it, see the maître d' as soon as you can once you get on board. Personally, I'd suggest going for a bigger table - it's a nice way to meet people, and there are lots of opportunities to go off by yourselves if you want - even for dinner. But if a table for two is a deal-breaker for you, make sure to tell them it's your honeymoon!

There's free iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch and water around the clock. You can ask for these at dinner too. Room service is also free. You can order from the dinner menu for room service, at dinner time - ask your stateroom attendant for the menu, or check it out beside the main dining room.

For most of the day, you can get pizza, pasta, salads, burgers, hotdogs, nachos from the buffet, all free. There's also sushi in the evening.

If you want to have a sit-down, linen tablecloths dinner-a-deux, you can do so in a screened-off part of the buffet area for $2 each, any time within dinner hours.

Soft drinks are extra - if you're a big soda fan, there's a soda card (fountain sodas only - be sure they have the one you like before you buy). Alcohol is also extra - see http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Food+and+Beverage&faqId=503 for price guidelines. There are drink/cocktail menus online - try searching the forum.

Is the table size something we would have booked at on line check in... the travel agent told me it's not something they deal with. My fiancee done the on line check in and she never mentioned this... so prob was not asked this.

Mark

It's usually something that you specify when you book, or when you send your travel agent all the info (passport numbers, that stuff).

It's definitely something that your travel agent can request. You could try phoning Celebrity and asking yourself, but they might just tell you that the TA has to do it.

Anyway, if it hasn't been done yet, don't worry - just make sure to see the maître d' once you get onboard.

I have a question about the Bistro anytime dinner choice.

We are going on the 6/27 mediterranean cruise and my parents chose early dining. I'm afraid we won't be back in time from our excursions to make our dining time. We can go to the Bistro, whenever we want, and the waiters will seat us and give us the same sit down dinner that's served in the main dining room? That sounds like a really nice option. The $2 charge per person isn't bad at all.

Please let me know any other details I'm missing on this. Thanks! -aj

We are going on the 6/27 mediterranean cruise and my parents chose early dining. I'm afraid we won't be back in time from our excursions to make our dining time. We can go to the Bistro, whenever we want, and the waiters will seat us and give us the same sit down dinner that's served in the main dining room? That sounds like a really nice option. The $2 charge per person isn't bad at all.

Yes that is the option. Another option is to sit out on the back deck behind the bistro and the buffet, listen to the music they have each night, have great cocktails and very good snacks from the other side of the buffet. Gourmet pizza's, sushi, vegetables and others while you watch the sunset. It was our favorite part of the ship. They also partition off part of the back deck for smokers and have cigars available.

For Secret Agent: Just call Celebrity directly and make your table request. They will make the change. Make sure you make a reservation in the specialty restaurant for at least one night. If you are a Celebrity Captains Club memeber you can do it in advance, or make it as soon as you board the ship. Wonderful food, fantastic service and a very nice wine list. Manyu dishes ae prepared and table side.

See my review from the same cruise on the Summit last June. Great time and lots of stuff I learned from fellow CC members were used and really paid off. Have a great time!

Bob

Is the table size something we would have booked at on line check in... the travel agent told me it's not something they deal with. My fiancee done the on line check in and she never mentioned this... so prob was not asked this.

Mark

I have to post this after seeing it on board for so many days and no response. This is what you pay the TA for, I have never heard of a TA saying they don't make table requests. This is what you pay them for, if they refuse to do it, get a new TA because this one isn't worth didly.

I have to correct a couple of misconceptions in your post, one important, one not so important. The not so important one is the "bistro" is called the waterfall cafe or grill and the dining is called the casual dining. The "Bistro" is actually one of the specialty restaurants on the Solstice but is not on the Summit.

The second point is more important, they do have the causal dining which cost's $2.00 and reservations are requested but not always needed. You may come back from excursions to find it is full and you may not eat there. Also, they DO NOT serve the same meal as in the dining room. It is a complete and seperate menu. You may get the regular dining room menu served in your statroom during dining room hours.

Celebrity does not have a buffet fleetwide on any of their ships for dinner as you will see for breakfast and lunch. They do have pasta, sushi, grill and a couple other options in the buffet area but not a full buffet.

I have to post this after seeing it on board for so many days and no response. This is what you pay the TA for, I have never heard of a TA saying they don't make table requests. This is what you pay them for, if they refuse to do it, get a new TA because this one isn't worth didly.

Sorry I didn't put this in my first post but two tops are limited and there is a very good chance that if you wait until you get on board, you may not get one.

OT,

Welcome back Don! Have not posted much on these boards myself lately but good to see your still around.:)

Joel

Archived