Triumph 05/10/09 Review With LOTS of PICS!!!

ebandive

After dropping our stuff off in our room, we were set to explore the ship! First stop: Lido deck.

We never have gone swimming on a ship. I thought we might use the slide, but we never did. Our tablemates did though and said it was a blast. I LOVED the big screen TV. They played CNN in the morning, and had kid-friendly movies some nights. During the day it varied but it was never obnoxious.

ry%3D480

Mini golf:

if i have 1 complaint about carnival, it would be the CNN broadcasts on the lido deck. cruising is my escape from the real world and i dont want to hear whats going on while i'm gone. whatever happens in the world, i dont care and dont want to know. if my whole home town were to burn to the ground while i'm cruising, i still dont want to know. what can i do about it anyway? i'll catch up with all that went on in the world when i'm back in the world. you hear me carnival? NO MORE CNN !!.

very good report so far.

Hi Erin,

Add me to those who've enjoyed your review and the beautiful pictures. I really liked the one of Charlie holding up the funnel.:D Showed it to my oldest son, 16, and he's keen to try this himself on our Glory cruise in Aug. Good luck with the new job.

Heather

Is that a UFO in the sky in the top picture?

Great Great review Erin!!! What is your process for getting your pictures onto your posts?

Ha! I didn't even notice that until you said something! I have no idea, I was so focused on trying to hold the camera still long enough to get a decent picture I completely missed it. Maybe a shooting star?

I upload all my pictures to shutterfly, then it's just a matter of copying the picture on shutterfly and pasting in the text box on cruise critic. Hope that helped! :)

if i have 1 complaint about carnival, it would be the CNN broadcasts on the lido deck. cruising is my escape from the real world and i dont want to hear whats going on while i'm gone. whatever happens in the world, i dont care and dont want to know. if my whole home town were to burn to the ground while i'm cruising, i still dont want to know. what can i do about it anyway? i'll catch up with all that went on in the world when i'm back in the world. you hear me carnival? NO MORE CNN !!.

very good report so far.

Maybe if I would have spent a lot of time sitting out on Lido it would have bothered me. Usually I just saw it in passing, and always smiled to myself thinking, "Ha, people are watching this out in the real world before work, and all I have to do today is be on a cruise ship. Boy, it sure sucks to be all those other people." :D:D:D

Hi Erin,

Add me to those who've enjoyed your review and the beautiful pictures. I really liked the one of Charlie holding up the funnel.:D Showed it to my oldest son, 16, and he's keen to try this himself on our Glory cruise in Aug. Good luck with the new job.

Heather

Thanks Heather! We had to try a few different techniques to get the most realistic image! Good luck and enjoy your cruise on the Glory! :)

Ha! I didn't even notice that until you said something! I have no idea, I was so focused on trying to hold the camera still long enough to get a decent picture I completely missed it. Maybe a shooting star?

I upload all my pictures to shutterfly, then it's just a matter of copying the picture on shutterfly and pasting in the text box on cruise critic. Hope that helped! :)

Maybe that was Madonna's broom coming in for a landing!!

Thanks for the Shutterfly info...I'm on it!!

very good report so far.

That's odd.... on Conquest last month, I never saw CNN playing. It was music videos, the live Conquest morning show, or any contests they were doing on Lido. We enjoyed it!

hey erin, can't wait for the triumph, wanted to say thanks again for your review. other posters asked about the triumph here and on ccl connections and i posted your link, they also were so happy to read your review and one who had cruised on triumph before made them remember what a good time they had and even to the point of almost wanting to change their cabin to an inside lol. i wouldnt mind trying a balcony some time, but for me, i rather save (im cheap/poor ect lol) and use the money elsewhere. anyways, thanks again for taking the time to do this and hope mine will be half as good for the canada one that others are waiting on.. lol think you need to do that too lmao.

Great review, Erin! And the pictures are awesome. This has to be the best review I've ever read. We're thinking about cruising on the Triumph in January 2010 if everyone can get the time off work.

Also best of luck on your nursing boards. My daughter just finished her first year of nursing school and I know how tough it is.

Thanks everyone for the continued nice comments.

My focus is now on studying for the boards next week, and trying not to freak out too much. But I'm a mess. :eek::eek::eek: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hello,

I will be cruising on the Carnival Triumph July 09. I heard about the galley tour and would love to take part, but I heard they do not offer it anymore. Did you happen to see it published in the capers ? and If so was it on any particular day first day or last day ?

Thanks

Hello,

I will be cruising on the Carnival Triumph July 09. I heard about the galley tour and would love to take part, but I heard they do not offer it anymore. Did you happen to see it published in the capers ? and If so was it on any particular day first day or last day ?

Thanks

Just off the Triumph and they did not post it in the capers. We heard the announcement about it on the port night open seating. Very few people went on the tour and I'm not sure if they are trying to phase it out or not. I've done several galley tours and this one did not have near the amount of displays as other ones.

436142419_CarnivalTriumph5_25.09242.jpg.e9959781e61689bd4ae9e3c3b9eeffa5.jpg

Erin,

Thanks for the wonderful review of the ship and excellent photos. I am sailing out of NY to Canada in July and have been looking for info about the Triumph. After reading about your trip and looking at the pictures, I can't wait to go. Congratulations on finishing school. Thanks for taking the time to post!:)

Dot

Thanks, I like the pictures. I really hope that by the time I go on my cruise I will be able to visit the galley. Now I'll know that I have to listen for the announcements since it will not be in the capers. I am getting more excited as the days go by. I am very snap happy and take pictures of almost everything especially the craved fruits and vegetables.

Hey everyone!

Happycruiser, the galley tour was advertised in the capers, and it was on the last sea day. Maybe they are phasing it out but there was a huge showing to the one I went to. Maybe it just depends on the sailing/itinerary.

I was so excited last night-- I got in the mail a disc of the pictures that Captain Alan took. AMAZING!!! I think he took about 150 just of our day, then he must have at least another 1000 of his favorites, plus about two dozen videos. The footage is absolutely incredible, and his pictures turned out WAY better than mine. Getting the pictures back just brings back so many memories. I can't recommend Captain Alan enough for a wonderful day in St. Maarten. And if you go, for goodness sake, BUY THE PICTURES!! :D

Hey Everyone talking about photos and video footage. I frequently visit the website http://www.flickr.com it is part of the yahoo network. On Flickr you can post your phots online for anyone to see or you can make them private and you can also view pictures by other users by typying in a keyword. I think it is pretty amazing and seeing pictures from other peoples vacation is well worth it because the pictures you see on company websites are not always exactly as depicted. You know your seeing the real deal on flickr

What a fantastic review! I really enjoyed it...especially your details about excursions in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. We will be there in Oct. and I didn't have any ideas of what to do. We've been to St. Thomas once already and did the city/beach tour with Bernard so I was hoping to find something new...maybe a trip to Red Hook based on your instructions???

You will have plenty of photos for scrapbooking and I'm a proud owner of a Cricut too...got it for Xmas as well. Best present ever!

What a wonderful report. I love reports that tell a story with pictures. I am planning a Southern cruise on the Victory which is supposedly the sister to the Triumph so I figured your review of that ship would be almost like reading about the Victory.

Congrats on graduating and the new job and I"m sure you will do well on the boards.

Thank you so much for a great report. I know how hard it is to take the time to do a report like this and as you can see it is very much appreciated and enjoyed by others.:cool::)

I hope you enjoy it! It will be pretty detailed so will take me a few days as I upload pictures.

Bobsfamily, have a great cruise!!

I'm jealous that you got bathrobes on your cruise. We were on the Triumph on April 19th trip, just a few weeks earlier and didn't get them..

Great review..Brings back memories..

Thanks to everyone who is following this review. It is so much fun for me to write it and relive all the memories.

Queenanneitis- thanks for the advise on the boards. I studied about 6 hours yesterday, reviewing all of OB. I know I shouldn't stress... I'm an A student... but I'm a crammer. I start studying the day before a test and then I forget a lot of the information. We were told by the company that did our school review (Medspub) that you should answer 3000-5000 questions before taking the exam. So I'm trying to do 3000 questions online plus go through a review book. And just over 3 weeks to do it. I just don't know how to study for a test of this magnitude. :eek: By the way, that's a great idea to use the aft wrap as a play area for the little one. But I'm very jealous!!

Michele- first of all thanks for all the posting you do on cruise critic. Your information is always so helpful and right on. About the aft pool... I'm not 100% sure. I assumed that it was, but the first day I saw a little one swimming in it and no one said anything. I didn't notice any signs- not to say that there weren't any, because I didn't REALLY look all that well, but I didn't notice any. And I also didn't notice any more kids in it the rest of the week. Usually I know everything there is to know about a ship before I board, but I just didn't have the time to do the research this time around and when I was on board I didn't really care any more! :p I hope you and your family have a great trip!

To everyone else, again I'm glad your enjoying the review/pics!! :D:D:D

When we were on that ship, that adults only pool had more kids than adults, but nobody really cared and everyone had fun with it..

Archived