Opinion/reviews of select Seatac transportation companies

macnife

Hi,

We have a group of 8 that need transportation from the Seatac to Westin Seattle. I know Alreadytheretowncars are highly recommended and I am considering them, but I have several other companies I was wanting to get info on, if anyone has used them, or has any comments to add:

Hi,

We have a group of 8 that need transportation from the Seatac to Westin Seattle. I know Alreadytheretowncars are highly recommended and I am considering them, but I have several other companies I was wanting to get info on, if anyone has used them, or has any comments to add:

Sorry, tried to edit above post, but ran past my 15 minute time frame. These are the companies I was considering, but somehow posted the above without adding them on:

-Metropolis Car Service, LLC

-Elegant Limo Inc.

-First Class Town Car Service

Also considering the Seattle downtowner, since it goes to Westin, but is is a hassle to lug your luggage, and how much longer will it take, since it makes several stops before the Westin?

Also considering the Seattle downtowner, since it goes to Westin, but is is a hassle to lug your luggage, and how much longer will it take, since it makes several stops before the Westin?

I would guess you could find a private van for less than the $88 the downtowner will cost you.

Was that supposed to be "it is" or "is it"? :confused: If you meant "it is" I disagree. :) You take it to the bus, the driver loads it in the luggage area under the bus, you board the bus, they drop you off, the driver removes it from the luggage area and sets it on the sidewalk by the hotel. With a private car/van, wouldn't it be the same process only replace "luggage area under the bus" with "trunk."

I would guess you could find a private van for less than the $88 the downtowner will cost you.

Was that supposed to be "it is" or "is it"? :confused: If you meant "it is" I disagree. :) You take it to the bus, the driver loads it in the luggage area under the bus, you board the bus, they drop you off, the driver removes it from the luggage area and sets it on the sidewalk by the hotel. With a private car/van, wouldn't it be the same process only replace "luggage area under the bus" with "trunk."

Thank you for you reply. It was suppose to be "is it". I had such a hard time with that post. When I first started it, somehow when I hit the enter button, it posted it without me finishing. I went back to edit it, and then my husband called me outside to look at the huge weather balloon that he had spotted in the sky. When I came back inside to finish, my 15 minute time frame to edit had expired, so I replied to my post to finish. I guess I was typing fast and didn't proof read. I have never used the Downtower service (my 1st time to Seattle), so was wanting info on if it was or was not a hassle. Thanks for pointing that out, amazing how word placement can change the entire sentence!:o

The private vans/limos are coming back with price quotes of $80-$110, so I wanted to compare. If the Downtowner isn't a hassle, and doesn't take that much longer to get to the hotel, It might be easier to get on it, then pre-arrange private. Was hoping to get some feedback to help me decide.

I had a similar question, so your question has helped me as well. The only additional question I would have, does the Gray Line Downtowner have a maximum number of bags they will accept per person? We'll have a total of 4 for 2 of us, which I guess isn't too excessive. Just wondering ...

Another poster on these boards mentioned J&S Towncars (see "Seattle Limo" thread) - I contacted them and 2 other companies for quotes on 3 upcoming trips (one is our Alaska cruise, the others are business). Although I can't yet give you a service recommendation, I will tell you that J&S's communication is awesome and their prices are very reasonable. I have booked all 3 of my trips with them.

http://www.jandstowncar.com

Another poster on these boards mentioned J&S Towncars (see "Seattle Limo" thread) - I contacted them and 2 other companies for quotes on 3 upcoming trips (one is our Alaska cruise, the others are business). Although I can't yet give you a service recommendation, I will tell you that J&S's communication is awesome and their prices are very reasonable. I have booked all 3 of my trips with them.

www.jandstowncar.com

Thanks for the info. I have sent j & S an email to check rates.

The private vans/limos are coming back with price quotes of $80-$110, so I wanted to compare. If the Downtowner isn't a hassle, and doesn't take that much longer to get to the hotel, It might be easier to get on it, then pre-arrange private. Was hoping to get some feedback to help me decide.

I just took the downtowner to the Madison Rennesaince and back to Seatac last week (yes, I flew home last Wednesday only to fly back tomorrow :rolleyes: Gotta love work sometimes). Anyway, I thought it was great! The only hassle I had was finding it, but that was b/c I didn't exactly know where to go. I travel a lot for work, and tend to just assume when I land it will be obvious where to go (9 times out of 10 this works). This wasn't one of the 9 ;) (the other time it didn't work was Cedar Falls, Iowa) But if you know to go to door 00 at the end of baggage claim, you are fine. Do not follow the signs to "ground transportation", follow the signs to "scheduled [something]" or just know door 00. :o

As far as length of time, I was the first stop going out, and I was exhausted after getting in at 10pm (1am my time), so I didn't really pay attention to the time. It did take about an hour on the return trip, since we had to stop everywhere. But I sat in the back of the bus and used the time to call HAL and upgrade my room for this week :D

I thought it was great. We will be using it again tomorrow, even though we are staying at the Hotel Vintage Park. I figure its two blocks from the Madison Rennesaince (even if one is a steep downhill), so will take the bus and lug the bags for two blocks. But there is only two of us.

As the question about max number of bags, I didn't see anything listed. They have the whole bottom of a large tour bus to load bags, so I would think it was only limited by room. My two trips (one 10pm, return at 12:30pm) had no more than 15 follks on the bus, so there was plenty of room.

Archived