Which ship has the best dance venue?

avantgarde

For dancing, I recommend Costa. They all have large floors and music with only a few breaks from 18:00 to 01:30- two groups alternate, and they usually try to please the customers. Be warned that Costa is a "European" brand and is a little different from what Americans expect.

I just got off Queen Victoria- it rates an "honourable mention". Decent dance floor, with recorded music during the orchestra breaks. The orchestra's music wasn't really acceptable for dancing (a musical source said they are given music to play whether they like it or not). The recorded music started out the same, but improved the last few days- the cruise director and professional couple were new, they may have given the stage technician playing the music some guidance.

I was on the QM2 a few years ago. Nice dance floor but same problem with orchestra. At that time they refused to play recorded music- I don't know the current situation.

Adventure of the Seas had a large dance floor, but music was only scheduled for about an hour a night. Hardly anybody danced.

I think it has less to do with the venue than the passenger make-up. I've cruised on ships with great discos, but it's no fun if no one shows up to dance. On the flip-side, I've gone to some that were SO CROWDED that you couldn't dance.

i like ccl because there disco, live top 40 band music, karaoke, promenade entertainment are right next to each other so you can check all out easily without having to walk too far the piano bar is just below that usually. so cruiselines have everything spread out so you have to walk further.

Archived