Florida hotel room with view of port?

Caramel1398

We enjoined the Hilton Grande loved the view and shower was GREAT!! Our room was clean did not find and dust on the fan blades. We where there at the end of April before or Crown Princess cruise. A first for us was that we drove so did avoid the mess in the lobby. Which if you fly it might be worth it to rent a car just to avoid the mess waiting for a cab. This hotel seems to cater to cruisers and on sail dates the the check out time is 11:00 so lobby fills up and they issue numbers like tender tickets for the cabs to leave added to that there are people getting off the ship wanting to check in. The lobby is small so it fill up fast with luggage and people everywhere.

Be sure and reserve a port side view the higher the better, the bridge will block some of the lower floors.

The food at the China Grill was good too, but be warned to those meat and taters folks this may not be your kind of restaurant. If you like different things and like to experiment with flavors and tastes it was great.

We will definitely be staying here again. I think it has a better view than the Hyatt. Plus the water taxi stops under the bridge.

What, with a week's worth of luggage? :eek:

Apparently there are people who travel light. At least that's what I've heard. :)

We take a garment bag, a 22" rollaboard, two 26" rollaboards, camera bag (<--quote from my husband: "Your camera needs its own sherpa"), and my somewhat-roomy purse. But I am pretty sure we could walk to the pier from the Grande, because it's easy to piggyback stuff onto the large rollaboards. Maybe we'll try it next time....

Apparently there are people who travel light. At least that's what I've heard. :)

We take a garment bag, a 22" rollaboard, two 26" rollaboards, camera bag (<--quote from my husband: "Your camera needs its own sherpa"), and my somewhat-roomy purse. But I am pretty sure we could walk to the pier from the Grande, because it's easy to piggyback stuff onto the large rollaboards. Maybe we'll try it next time....

My post was about the Pier 66 and not the Grande. Is the Grande closer? I'd think it's still over 1/2 mile.

I saw the distance from the Hyatt to your route to the Princess pier and it's quite a hike. You definitely misread the question to me about walking to the pier. Hey, maybe you're a real trooper and would walk from the Hyatt to the Princess pier. :D:D Again, that's a cab ride.

Archived