Sea Princess itinerary overlap question

goat rancher

I am researching options for a planned January 2011 Caribbean cruise (realizing it is going to be quite a while till the itineraries are released and having to use the 2010 schedules to get an idea of what might be offered)...

We are pretty interested in the 14 day roundtrips out of Bermuda on Sea Princess, but noticed something odd.....It seems the ship ALSO homeports out of Montego Bay Jamaica for 14 day cruises AT THE SAME TIME...Some folks on a given cruise get on with you at Bermuda, others already got on at Jamaica...the "Jamaican" group get off when you reach Jamaica again "mid cruise" while you stay on for the 7 more days til you get back to Bermuda...This begs the question: How in the world do you book a cabin if you want a special one??It could be taken by someone choosing the Jamaica homeport, who then leaves 7 days into your cruise, to be replaced by someone else embarking from Jamaica....Do they just split the cabin availability in half and give half to the Jamaica group and half to the Bermuda group???and if so, how do they split it?? Which group gets which cabins? Is there a list available to TAs??Math just wasn't my best subject:eek:...HELP! Maybe I should just ask my goats...I think they would have a better idea than I have....DH is just laughing at me....AAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Also, are there any pros or cons on these Bermuda/Jamaica roundtrips that we should know about? We realize that we'll be in the minority on the cruises since they cater to British clientele, but to us that isn't an issue...

Goat Rancher,

Didn't you and I just get aced out of the 18 Panama Canal R/T LA this year when they discountinued the cruise?:confused: I sort of remember discussing this with you a while back.

Quit picking such difficult intineraries.:D

John

Hi There,

The Sea Princess is mainly filled with folk arriving by Princess charter flights as such a fixed about of cabins are required for each home port,

The floating cabins are issued as required, however as cruises have all been of a fixed length eg 14 days there is no need to worry about being moved half way through your cruise.

yours Shogun

oops...I did indeed mean Bermuda, not Bahamas......too much thinking addles the brain......

To jfv379....we WERE booked on this April's Pacific Panama (2009), but changed to a Ft. Lauderdale to Los Angeles one earlier in the year in February....THANK GOD WE DID, since the Pacific Panama cruise missed all their Mexican ports.....We had a great time on the cruise we ended up on so everything worked out just fine for us. However, if they offer the Pacific Panama cruise sometime in the future, we would be eager to book it since we love the idea of no flying involved.

oops...I did indeed mean Bermuda, not Bahamas......too much thinking addles the brain......

To jfv379....we WERE booked on this April's Pacific Panama (2009), but changed to a Ft. Lauderdale to Los Angeles one earlier in the year in February....THANK GOD WE DID, since the Pacific Panama cruise missed all their Mexican ports.....We had a great time on the cruise we ended up on so everything worked out just fine for us. However, if they offer the Pacific Panama cruise sometime in the future, we would be eager to book it since we love the idea of no flying involved.

Would love to see the return of that itinerary, but we ended up choosing a full transit of the canal next year and we are so looking forward to it. Sorry I couldn't help with your original question.

John

We were on Sea Princess from Montego Bay in January. Half the passengers left in Barbados and were renewed. I wasn`t any problem.

When the muster was on for the second time we didn`t need to attend. You got two goes at the free cocktails on the Captains Cocktail party.

As you say, most were British.

Sea Princess is a lovely ship.

thanks....

the Caribbean itineraries on the Sea Princess look very interesting....worth the extra journey for us down to Barbados (I even got it right this time:p)....course we'll have to see what they offer in 2011...We've also looked into the 14 day roundtrip San Juan itinerary and the 14 day roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale....but the Barbados/Jamaica ones have what looks to be the best ports......

Archived