Mariner June 7th price drop

mnh

I could not take advantage of this drop due to my "type" of booking however it would have saved me $170.00.

I have been reading all of the negative posts regarding RCI and I thought some were valid and some were not. However 1 thread runs thru all of the negative posts and that is the robatic reaction RCI customer service has to any request or question. After speaking to 2 representatives for my minor issue, I now really sympathize with the major issues I have reading about.

Thiis will be my 17th cruise with RCI and it could be my last. I think their prices have been increasing far above other lines and the customer service has been decreasing.

Please don't flame me....just my opinion.

I could not take advantage of this drop due to my "type" of booking however it would have saved me $170.00.

I have been reading all of the negative posts regarding RCI and I thought some were valid and some were not. However 1 thread runs thru all of the negative posts and that is the robatic reaction RCI customer service has to any request or question. After speaking to 2 representatives for my minor issue, I now really sympathize with the major issues I have reading about.

Thiis will be my 17th cruise with RCI and it could be my last. I think their prices have been increasing far above other lines and the customer service has been decreasing.

Please don't flame me....just my opinion.

I agree with you. I'm on the Mariner and paid a ton more then todays prices. It was the priceon their web site, no special Tuesday site. I will make this my last RCL cruise that I pay in advance. Maybe if I want to cruise with RCL again I'll wait till the week before and if there's no cabins no loss. RCL is a great product but their business practices and lack of loyalty will sink this business someday. I have 40 cruises with them but that doesn't matter anymore.

I just booked my next cruise with Princess. They were a similar price to RCL but I'm really starting to think about the way RCL runs it's business not caring about the customers who already booked at twice the price. It really makes me mad.

We booked two promenade cabins in January for $799/pp. The price recently dropped to $539/pp for the same category on June 7 sailing. Called last night and they refunded our credit card $1,040. We lost our on-board credit ($250 per cabin) and the FCC which we will never use. But, this deal worked out much better for us.

I have been thinking about Princess as well. I have cruised on Carnival, NCL, Disney, and Celebrity...I like the newer NCL and Carnival ships.

Celebrity is an RCL product and I'm looking to avoid giving RCL my money right now because of getting ripped off on this Mariner cruise. I don't like NCL or Carnival but I haven't tried HAL yet. I've heard great things about HAL and have 10 cruises with princess which I like. I'm really sad RCL has pushed me to feel this way because i always enjoy my cruises with them.

We're seriously considering Princess for next Mex. Riv. cruise, maybe even Carnival! I thought I would never go back (to CCL), but I have a real bad taste in my mouth cuz of the treatment we received on the April 26th. sailing (on Mariner)....

If we do Alaska, we are consider HAL (again, never in my mind would I've thought I'd be even considering HAL, but I am).....

All of this because of service, or lack of...

Archived