Mariner of the Seas Alternating Itenerary

How would everyone who loves the Mariner of the Seas like to have

alternating ports.

One week to the Mexican Riveria and the next week to PNW? I would

book that back to back in a heartbeat.

Anyone else interested in that itinerary.

The PNW cruise was amazing. Granted, this time of year the weather was not all that cooperative, but summer would be a perfect time to do a northern route.

I know a lot of people are saying they would do a B2B MR-PNW. Maybe I would, too. I am just hesitant to go to Mexico in the hot, humid summer months. Being a desert rat, I would opt to get out of the heat.

It is also their hurricane season, so perhaps a northern route would be better at that time.

I am just glad that RCI is considering this. I will definitely book a PNW for summer.

What does everyone else think?

alternating ports.

I am one of the very few who would not want to see this happen. We had to rebook our Mariner 5/10 sailing because we did not want to sail up to the cold PNW. So we rebooked for next May. Have to wait a year, but booking for this summer months was going to cost us more money. I can understand those who want to sail up north, cooler weather, I just don't want them to change the MR in May, 2010! Maybe they could start a PNW cruising schedule beginning in July when the weather is much nicer up north and the weather is unbearable in the south.

The PNW cruise was amazing. Granted, this time of year the weather was not all that cooperative, but summer would be a perfect time to do a northern route.

I know a lot of people are saying they would do a B2B MR-PNW. Maybe I would, too. I am just hesitant to go to Mexico in the hot, humid summer months. Being a desert rat, I would opt to get out of the heat.

It is also their hurricane season, so perhaps a northern route would be better at that time.

I am just glad that RCI is considering this. I will definitely book a PNW for summer.

What does everyone else think?

Just returned from the PNW cruise Sunday...although cold, I booked this cruise because it was going NORTH :D

Apparently fellow cruisers also commented on wanting the option to sail North on the beautiful Mariner during the HOT summer months. That was my comment/suggestion on the survey.

I would be happy if they offered the PNW cruise once a month during the peak summer months; gives this desert dweller an opportunity to enjoy beautiful scenery and much cooler temps :)

They could actually offer the PNW sailings all the way through October, since it is unbearably hot in the Mex. Riviera at that time and quite nice along the west coast. I live in the SF area and September and October are when we have our best weather.

Alternating the itineraries is a good idea, especially since they might get a lot of back-to-back bookings by people who are coming a long distance and want to make the most of their airfare.

Alternating in July, August, and early September would be great - it'll be nice and WARM in the PNW at that time.

Personally I wouldn't take the PNW cruise - why fly from Seattle to L.A. to cruise to Seattle - but I'd love to have it available for others. It would be a nice change from the hot Riviera. And WHY did I book an August 30th MX Riviera cruise? Am I crazy? I hate humidity.....:rolleyes:

Being from the south I would love to cruise any place other than the usual caribbean. We almost booked the PNW the week school was out but decided to wait until next year to see what RCCL does.

I live in Seattle and would book this as soon as it was available! For me, Seattle would be an extra 'sea' day, but the opportunity to spend some time in San Francisco and cruise the PNW during the summer would be worth it. I've been asking my TA about this for years - maybe it will finally happen :o

I too have read a news article stating that RCI has gotten a lot of positive feed back on PNW and one of its officials, Vickie Freed, feels that RCI will do an alternating itinerary starting next summer.

Guess the flu helped.

Maybe part of the year...and even then probably 3:1 ratio of Mex to PNW cruises. There would still be plenty of B2B opportunities this way.

PNW is a nice set of ports etc...just think that the low prices used to fill er up now would lead to hesitation for every other week PNW in the real near future.

alternating ports.

Hi Barbara!

I wouldn't book it myself - too much 'familiar' territory for me, and I like to go towards heat.;) Hope you're doing well.:)

alternating ports.

Someone posted an article this morning saying that just might be a possibility next year.

We do mostly B2B's and I would book them in a second.

I always wanted to do the one cruise they used to have that went up the Pacific Coast a few years ago. Then it disappeared. :confused:

I am not a fan of the Mexican Riviera. I only booked for this summer so that I could sail on the Mariner. If I had been able to, I would have jumped to sail to the PNW.

I would be thrilled to book the PNW cruise for next summer as soon as it becomes available.

I think it would be cool to even expand to a 14 day cruise to hit Alaska while we're at it. That would be so cool! No airfare and a gorgeous ship!

This Barbara

The poster who said they should do a 14 day cruise including Alaska. That was

brilliant! I use a motorized scooter and cannot fly anywhere. I am from Long Beach

20 minutes from the dock. Alaska was always somewhere I wanted to go so if they

could do that it would be great for me.

Hi dirtgirl. I am doing OK. I have some days where it is tough. I am booked on

3 cruises though, Oct 4, Dec 13th and Feb 7 2010 on Mariner. I promised Dennis

I would keep cruising.

Do you think RCCL reads these posts?

Do you think RCCL reads these posts?

RCL not only reads these posts but acts on them. It's really a very biased view because everyone here likes to cruise and a lot of the posters are royal champions who only say great things so they can get free cruises and goodies. It is not representative of the general population for them so it's really a poor sampling for a survey IMHO.

Count me in!! Took Mariner in April, shortly before the "flu" outbreak and it was nice....but I actually would have loved the PNW iten. better :)

Like mexico, but been their done that a couple times now. Love the Mariner regardless of where it goes actually ;)

RCL not only reads these posts but acts on them. It's really a very biased view because everyone here likes to cruise and a lot of the posters are royal champions who only say great things so they can get free cruises and goodies. It is not representative of the general population for them so it's really a poor sampling for a survey IMHO.

That is a terrible thing to post on here when you are not correct.

I want you, or anyone else reading this, to click on my name and read my back postings. I have nothing to hide.

Then come back here and tell me that I only post great things about RCCL. I think you might be in for a surprise

because you are mistaken. ;)

And yes, I am a Royal Champion who has a mind of my own. I am not programed. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

You post was not what this thread was about!

Archived