Mariner of the Seas Alternating Itenerary

We were on the 5/3 Mariner altered sailing and we would do it again in a heartbeat. DH wanted to cancel, he wanted hot weather, but stuck it out because of the compensation. We ended up having a wonderful time. Met some people on board who booked just for the PNW. My sister and her husband who have no interest in going to Mexico booked the 6/7 sailing. We found there was plenty to do. We want to go back to do the things that we were not able to do or see!

Personally, I would probably not cruise to PNW because unless it's Alaska, which I love, I'm not much interested in cool to cold weather cruises to such cities as San Fran, Seattle and Victoria. Victoria would be the best of the lot for me, but I can get that on an Alaskan cruise, too, as well as Seattle on some cruise lines.

However, I can see where this PNW itinerary would be popular with a segment of the population who want cooler weather and/or want to see the northern ports of call, some perhaps for the first time.

I can imagine RCI doing alternating cruises in the hottest months of July - August but not before or after. The Pacific hurricanes are few and far between so that's not much of a concern during summer, but it does get very hot in Mexico from July until fall so sure, giving people a choice might work, especially if some people want to do back to back cruises.

The big drawback to back to back in two different climates is the need for all sorts of clothing types but if people don't mind packing more stuff, great, go for it.

How would everyone who loves the Mariner of the Seas like to have

alternating ports.

One week to the Mexican Riveria and the next week to PNW? I would

book that back to back in a heartbeat.

Anyone else interested in that itinerary.

I would love to book PNW. i wish they would also dedicate some sails to the wine country. beck to back with mexico would be great. i hope they will continue to offer this itinerary. i wish i had the oportunity this year to sail mariner to PNW.

Archived