Anyone travelled Costa Europa?

mbkeller

We are travelling on the Costa Europa December 19th. Is there anything specific we should know about the ship or the itinerary? We are going to Naples, Athens, Olympia, Rhodes, Marmaris and Valletta. We have travelled on many different lines but never on Costa.

We have been on Costa Europa last summer in the Baltic.

Ship is somewhat old and rooms need some refurbishment, but they are still at a reasonable level, and quite large (outside cabins). Suites are new and very comfortable.

Public rooms are plenty and very nice; we never found public rooms overcrowded.

I personally loved the ship as it is more like old liners rather than modern "farcused" ships.

Service is at high level, according to European standard, but a little sub-par for Americans I believe.

Most food in our cruise was very good, but remember this is an Italian ship, so you have to like Italian food.

There are two buffet restaurants and we never had problems with queue at breakfast and lunch. Breakfast was plentyful with variety to satisfy anybody and a separate station for eggs/omelettes.

Shows were not Vegas style but we found most of them enjoiable (bearing in mind that they have to satisfy people from different countries and different languages)

Entertainment in public rooms was generally top level, and animation staff very energetic but not pushy.

Excursions generally good but overpriced in my opinion.

Archived