Vines and Seafood Bard on Caribbean

Solstice23

Hello

We will soon be sailing on the Caribbean Princess Canada new England this August,

Could someone please explain what the Vines wine and seafood bar is and how it works? Also how easy is it to reserve the Crown Grill and how?

We are not Princess cruisers so this information would help us greatly

Thanks

Hi fellow Torontonian. Vines is simply a wine and seafood cafe. It is open late afternoon to evenings port days and I believe during lunch as well on sea days. They offer excellent sushi at $3 for 3 pieces and $1 for additional pieces. They have wine by the glass as well as flights of wines. It is the best sushi on Princess ships, much much better than the buffet sushi which isn't real sushi.

I have not eaten at the Crown Grill so I can't help you with that.

Benny is correct about Vines. My DH had a lot of great sushi at Vines!! When you get on the ship, you can call the dine line to reserve the Crown Grill or you can go directly to the Crown Grill and reserve. On the Emerald we dropped our carry on bags in our cabin and went directly to the Crown Grill and the Maitre d was right there to take reservations. Got the night and time we wanted. I also think they have tables set up for reservations also. We really enjoyed the Crown Grill, great food and wonderful service.:)

Hi fellow Torontonian. Vines is simply a wine and seafood cafe. It is open late afternoon to evenings port days and I believe during lunch as well on sea days. They offer excellent sushi at $3 for 3 pieces and $1 for additional pieces. They have wine by the glass as well as flights of wines. It is the best sushi on Princess ships, much much better than the buffet sushi which isn't real sushi.

I have not eaten at the Crown Grill so I can't help you with that.

Is sushi all they serve?

I haven't been on the CB since they added the Vines cafe, but I believe they also have cheeses and fine meats. Perhaps someone who has been on either the Golden/Star or CB with the new Vines cafes can jump in to answer that question.

Thanks for the info, I am glad Princess has good sushi someplace! We are just so spolied on Celebrity, We consider Princess like RCCL since my mom has saild so many times. Mom also told me that she could not find good sushi on Princess like on Celebrity, SO I am glad the Vines bar has some. We will Make a reservation at the Crown for 2 nights I think, this way if we don't enjoy the food in the main dinning room we have that second night option, and likewise if the food is good in the MDR we will cancel the second night if needed. We are looking forward to this cruise just the fact to get away and also see some new ports on the Canada New England route!

Thanks for your help

Archived