recycling clothing among cc members

Well, this could work out great if I post some things and others post some things and I see something I like from someone and that same someone takes a look at my stuff and likes something - each send to each other - don't even have to reimburse postage because each getting something!

Or maybe just over thinking things here... hungry and need to get lunch! LOL

Debbie

Also here is the dress I decided to order over the weekend to cheer me up - it should be here tomorrow - Hope it fits. I got it off Amazon is it by Ever Pretty - never tried them but was worth a shot for the price as it was black, sexy and figured would pack well for the cruise.

51mA4m-hwVL__SL1133_-1.jpg

Image24.png

Figured it was cheap enough and of course how could I pass up another black dress (make that number 40 or so - lol)

And this is the model not me - I am blonde but again dress should be here tomorrow

So it is way past my bed bedtime to need to turn in in a few

Hugs

Sharon

I have this same dress in: Green, Hot Pink, Black, and Cream. I "won" them on Ebay. They do run small and yes, the girls shows more than I was comfortable with, but what the heck, they didn't "show" so if someone doesn't like it they can close their eyes or look somewhere else......Here is the picture of the Cream colored one (pardon the redness, had just had surgery for my pacemaker)

a745422c-09ca-4a2e-936c-0e8043a2a4a5_zpsf55928a5.jpg

I have this same dress in: Green, Hot Pink, Black, and Cream. I "won" them on Ebay. They do run small and yes, the girls shows more than I was comfortable with, but what the heck, they didn't "show" so if someone doesn't like it they can close their eyes or look somewhere else......Here is the picture of the Cream colored one (pardon the redness, had just had surgery for my pacemaker)

a745422c-09ca-4a2e-936c-0e8043a2a4a5_zpsf55928a5.jpg

Very nice --- The dress came in and I should have ordered a size smaller but I think I am going to shorten the straps a few inches in the back which will pull the dress up. Still need to figure out what type of bra I can wear - probably a strapless - which means I have to go shopping this weekend along with everything else I need to do - including packing for 4 people (maybe 4 1/2 putting Roger in there too) it is just shows too much for me and my boys would throw temper tantrums and not let me leave the room (yes they are 16, 16 & 20) and the girls are a bit too big not too be lifted - any suggestions?

Sharon

Sharon,

Looks like strapless is only way to go -due to the straps. (And the straps are so cute)

But with so much to do, do you have the time to get it sewn and find the right bra?

Or maybe keep it for the next cruise? I'm exhausted just thinking of what you have been through the past week and then getting ready for a cruise as well!

Debbie

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

Sharon,

Looks like strapless is only way to go -due to the straps. (And the straps are so cute)

But with so much to do, do you have the time to get it sewn and find the right bra?

Or maybe keep it for the next cruise? I'm exhausted just thinking of what you have been through the past week and then getting ready for a cruise as well!

Debbie

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

I can probably grab a strapless at Kohl's - see if I had gone home tonight after work - rather than to Kohl's to get a mega suitcase (but fits the max measurements I can take on the plane and it light weight) I would have known the dress came and picked one up then.

I will need to run out this weekend as I finish getting the boys clothes together as they will need things - tonight's next stop was Wal-Mart so I got them all more underwear and socks - swear they wear 2 pair a day and same with undies :D

Next cruise will probably be in 2 years - although now that my mom's husband (my step dad technically died in Dec - my dad died 19 years ago) maybe here and I will do one together. An reason space them out is the cost as I like Europe etc. This is only my second cruise but already love it and thinking where to go to next.

As for getting straps I can put in a few stiches myself if I can see to thread the needle - lol - or I will take to the trusty tailor at the cleaners I use.

Yes this week has been nuts - actually since last Thursday and being out of commission a lot last weekend did not help. And of course work could not have been slow this week - rather it just piled up and as I am the ONLY main contracts person for all our commercial aviation business it has been so busy plus trying to get a couple people up to speed to help me AND then when I get home at 8:45 pm tonight (I left house a little before 7 AM) the MAJOR proposal we were waiting for release was released - it is for an Australian Procurement and yes I am the lead contracts person on that one. I should have made a bet with my boss as I said the proposal is going to be released a few days before I leave so then I will have the 9 hour plane ride to read it - lol, But on the other hand I may get to go to Australia for several weeks to do some work on this which will be nice = it is on my bucket list.

So when it rains it pours (just like it did earlier tonight) so hopefully the rain will stop and weather on my cruise will be good.

So if I get it fixed this weekend I will and if not I have places I can wear it - I co-chair a silent auction and cocktail party (really dinner) at the Belle Haven Country Club in November - this will be the 5th year - to raise money to help find a cure for mitochondrial disease - which all 3 of my boys have as does my good friend and co-chair. In 4 years we have raised over $200,000 - this will be our 5th annual so I can wear it there.

And yes planning that event is on my hit list too as Anne and I basically do it all ourselves - we both work full time - but we have fun - so this weekend, pack, pack , work on auction list, pack, clean , shop

Sharon

OkImageUploadedByForums1372415422.001047.jpg.b2881b638dd88f224d82424e6c6e40dc.jpg

Since there is interest in more than just gowns, I'll offer one of my old favorite tops.

This is 2X, by Michael Kors. It is very flattering. I always got compliments when I wore it.

My email is magenta321 at gmail.

I'll post more in the coming days :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ok[ATTACH]276998[/ATTACH]

Since there is interest in more than just gowns, I'll offer one of my old favorite tops.

This is 2X, by Michael Kors. It is very flattering. I always got compliments when I wore it.

My email is magenta321 at gmail.

I'll post more in the coming days :)

Love it! Sent you an email.

Debbie

Also here is the dress I decided to order over the weekend to cheer me up - it should be here tomorrow - Hope it fits. I got it off Amazon is it by Ever Pretty - never tried them but was worth a shot for the price as it was black, sexy and figured would pack well for the cruise.

51mA4m-hwVL__SL1133_-1.jpg

Image24.png

Figured it was cheap enough and of course how could I pass up another black dress (make that number 40 or so - lol)

And this is the model not me - I am blonde but again dress should be here tomorrow

So it is way past my bed bedtime to need to turn in in a few

Hugs

Sharon

Sharon, I love the look of this dress but I can't get past the second picture, where the model looks like she has vampire fangs! Okay, it's Friday and it hasn't been the best week, and I needed the laugh when I saw it.

Sharon, I love the look of this dress but I can't get past the second picture, where the model looks like she has vampire fangs! Okay, it's Friday and it hasn't been the best week, and I needed the laugh when I saw it.

Too funny. I never noticed, but you are certainly right. Did anyone else see this? :D

Thanks, everybody, now I can't unsee it! :D I keep scrolling up to look again. Magenta, any more plus sizes? I plan on cleaning out my closets next weekend, but, I can't think of anything that I could recycle. I've always taken things to Goodwill and now, with my weight fluctuating, I can't afford not to keep everything in all different sizes - 18 to 24!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a leather or faux-leather satchel in a reasonable price? I can't find any! I'd just like a classy, pref. brown bag that can be dressed up or down.

I'm a student so my budget is rather low haha

More plus sized tops

ImageUploadedByForums1372541393.635637.jpg.3b57bac253428f724d1e641bc8fa4c75.jpg

First is the sweater only not the tank ( just giving an idea of how it's worn). Size 2x Elena Solano 100% cotton very light weight 3/4 sleeve with the front a little longer than the back.

The other is Jones studio 18w satiny blouse with French cuffs.

ImageUploadedByForums1372541363.136504.jpg.b110170349bffb6fc1ebb1e8a748a907.jpg

This is a bright coral linen button front linen cap sleeve shirt. It is by JM Collection ( originally purchased at Macys) and is marked a size 16 but I believe it might run small. Very wrinkled from hanging in a crowded closet, but has the dry cleaning tags still attached.

It measures about 23 inches across the chest when laid flat. And 25 inches long from shoulder to the bottom hem.

Debinnova at aol.com

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1372553134311.jpg.5ea41123977c9db6138785c10f6d23cc.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1372553165798.jpg.5aa19bee8891f1c23746abf80a12c4e1.jpg

This is a bright coral linen button front linen cap sleeve shirt. It is by JM Collection ( originally purchased at Macys) and is marked a size 16 but I believe it might run small. Very wrinkled from hanging in a crowded closet, but has the dry cleaning tags still attached.

It measures about 23 inches across the chest when laid flat. And 25 inches long from shoulder to the bottom hem.

Debinnova at aol.com

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Okay, trying to post a different way to see if I can get pics any bigger - nope - won't work - I need to figure this out. Maybe orig pic is to big because won't upload even not using the app.

Edited by Debinnova
attach photo

This is a little cotton tank that I actually got in Italy a couple years ago. It still has tags. It does not have a size but I think it's about probably a medium or large?

The brand name is Lulu and I believe it's made in France and it measures about 18 inches across the chest when it's laid flat and about 23 inches from the top of the shoulder to hem.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

1372555645637.jpg.585b2aa3d83783ea760d272ea9e045a6.jpg

1372555676451.jpg.c17453ab85cec943ba8cb5da1cee40e3.jpg