recycling clothing among cc members

Hello, Trying this for the first time. Hope it works :) I received this dress on this site. PLEASE forgive me as I am not remembering at the moment from who :( BUT I loved it and it was great. Thanks - going to wear to an upcoming Jamaica wedding as well.

Thanks again, Carol

ry%3D400

Hello, Trying this for the first time. Hope it works :) I received this dress on this site. PLEASE forgive me as I am not remembering at the moment from who :( BUT I loved it and it was great. Thanks - going to wear to an upcoming Jamaica wedding as well.

Thanks again, Carol

ry%3D400

A wonderful family. I love the way the men in your life matched their ties to your blue dress. Love the dress on you.

I received this dress from Debbie today. Just love it, it is a little too long but I have enough time to get it shortened before my cruise next Sunday :).

101fc384-074d-43e7-be03-fb494ad14ae6.jpg

WOW, that looks great on you & I love the color. Have fun on your upcoming cruise, ours is only about 2 1/2 wks. away! :D

I love it! Love it! Love to see some of you wearing the beautiful dress and gown; it makes me feel great knowing the dress or gown have found a good home. Also, it makes me want to post some more :D.

We are off to Paris at 3:00 pm today. Our first time on AF 380 double deck, cannot wait to see what business class seats like.

Barras31063, you look fantastic. Love the gown and color.

Ladies, take care and have a great day.

Marie

Here is one of the dresses that I got from Marie a while ago. Thanks to Iheartbda I can now post it. Here goes let's see if I remember how to do this.

http://AlaskaCruiseMay20133_zpsfe7408f0.jpg

Yeah!!it worked! I remembered.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Gerry

Edited by TNGALOHA

What a beautiful dress! Looks fantastic! I don't mean to be selfish, but I hope I can inherit a long gown of hers sometime!

You wear that one very well!

Michelle:)

Here is one of the dresses that I got from Marie a while ago. Thanks to Iheartbda I can now post it. Here goes let's see if I remember how to do this.

http://AlaskaCruiseMay20133_zpsfe7408f0.jpg

It has taken a while for me to decide whether or not to post this but I have decided not to be bullied by an email.

So just to be clear and set the record straight: I have not asked for dresses here to sell. This is absolutely NOT true.

I have been fortunate enough to receive some beautiful dresses and a pair of shoes from kind people here. 2 of the dresses that I received I posted here after I wore them and passed them along to others.

I have also posted and sent off 2 of my own dresses.

Any other dresses I was fortunate enough to receive here are still in my closet and have either been worn for a special event or will be worn on my February cruise. Should anyone who sent me a dress that I have not relisted here yet want their dress back because they believe me to be dishonest please let me know and I will be most certainly return it to you by mail this week. I will even try to get some pictures up here by the weekend.

And then I will back away from this thread.

My only other thought is to request you all try to be kinder to each other. If you don't believe someone try asking them privately and politely. You really don't know that much about the others here. Accusatory and unkind emails are hurtful especially when they are not true and are based on conjecture

It has taken a while for me to decide whether or not to post this but I have decided not to be bullied by an email.

So just to be clear and set the record straight: I have not asked for dresses here to sell. This is absolutely NOT true.

I have been fortunate enough to receive some beautiful dresses and a pair of shoes from kind people here. 2 of the dresses that I received I posted here after I wore them and passed them along to others.

Any other dresses I was fortunate enough to receive here are still in my closet and have either been worn for a special event or will be worn on my February cruise. Should anyone who sent me a dress that I have not relisted here yet want their dress back because they believe me to be dishonest please let me know and I will be most certainly return it to you by mail this week. I will even try to get some pictures up here by the weekend.

My only other thought is to request you all try to be kinder to each other. If you don't believe someone try asking them privately and politely. You really don't know that much about the others here. Accusatory and unkind emails are hurtful especially when they are not true and are based on conjecture

Not sure what prompted your post, but it makes me sad that you felt the need to say it. Or, rather, that you felt the pain that led you to say it. People need to stop making assumptions about what other people do, think, feel, want, get. Enjoy your dresses and don't worry about the negative Nancys around here! Have a fantastic cruise in February too!

Bon Voyage Marie! I'm so jealous of you going to Paris. I was there once, my first trip out of the US. Please post if/when you can and let us know what fun you are having.

Hope to get together for lunch (or pie! :-) when you get back)

Your friend,

Amy

Not sure what prompted your post, but it makes me sad that you felt the need to say it. Or, rather, that you felt the pain that led you to say it. People need to stop making assumptions about what other people do, think, feel, want, get. Enjoy your dresses and don't worry about the negative Nancys around here! Have a fantastic cruise in February too!

I got a nasty email from someone here who told me that they knew this was what I was doing,

I try not to worry about negative nancys, but wow the email knocked me for a loop......

And thanks, I am sure it will be a great cruise!!

Edited by callydanny

I have never been able to understand why some people go out of their way to be unpleasant. Whatever prompted this person to e-mail you sounds more like sour grapes on her part.

It looks like jealousy's ugly head has risen again. It just amazes me why people think that they need to attack another person's character when they really don't know anything about the person.

I have been on the end of that assaination along with several other people on this board and my only words of advise to you callydanny is to hold your head high and know that you have done nothing wrong.

Hope your day gets better and I hope you enjoy the planning process and the cruise you have coming up in Feb.

Gerry

Sorry this happened to you ! I believe I sent you a dress if so please enjoy it !

Edited by Sailor_Sally