recycling clothing among cc members

Bumping this up again, as they are still available. Anyone interested before they go to Goodwill?

I tried things on for my upcoming cruise and found a couple of things to share now. there will be more after the cruise.

First, what I call a Goddess blouse. Makes me feel like a greek Goddess.

Size medium.

ry%3D480

another view so you can see that it's pretty sheer.

ry%3D480

A two piece dress by Teddi. I've had this forever! 100% rayon. It's actually a true navy blue, tone on tone. Size 10. It needs to be cleaned, it's dusty! Nice simple tank dress, with an assymetrical over shirt. Very comfy, very flattering.

ry%3D480

To me too! Someone mention early "pump with low heels". I call them flats.

Hi Burm! How have you been? Thank you for the wonderful sushi dish picture :eek:.

Take care

M

Funny how geography changes language isn't it?

Pumps in the uk would also be flats ( think ballet flats) and could possibly even refer to gym shoes.

The other one which makes me laugh every time is hose. To you guys 'hose', to us tights/stockings. A hose is what you use to water your garden here! Do you use it in the same context in the us, like garden hose?

And don't even get me started on the amusement value of 'fanny pack'...

Pumps in the uk would also be flats ( think ballet flats) and could possibly even refer to gym shoes.

The other one which makes me laugh every time is hose. To you guys 'hose', to us tights/stockings. A hose is what you use to water your garden here! Do you use it in the same context in the us, like garden hose?

Yes, we have garden hoses. "Hoser", on the other hand, is a derogatory Canadian slang term. :D

I have had the best day shopping, really didn't think I'd find anything I really liked or that really liked me, alas no shoes but Im working on that.

Ive attached pictures of the dress I've got so far and these will be on this site after my cruise as I couldn't allow them to sit in a wardrobe when another lady will love them.

Still thinking I'd like to wear pumps or very low heels?

I love these dresses, especially the first one.

I agree, a low heel would be best with the shorter dresses.

Like a kitten heel. Not sure what those are called in other countries but to me it is basically a shoe, could be a (American) pump or sandal with about a 1/2 to 1" heel.

Oh yes, my neighbor has a friend from London, a lovely older woman, very proper and I once said fanny pack to her and she had to explain that one to me! We were both hysterical with laughter and now joke about it.

Excellent shopping score!! I particularly love the first one with the lace over the shoulders. What's the bust measurement on that? <wiggles her eyebrows with evil intent, knowing it's going up for grabs later>

I'm getting good at US/UK sizing differences, because I've had to learn it in reverse...I was raised in Canada and have only been here a couple of years now.

"Pumps" in the US are "court shoes" here.

Hi Milaandra

The lace over the shoulder is a jacket so can be taken off. The dress is a UK 18 so bust around 107cm.

Good dance shoes are very soft and supple and you will be amazed at how comfortable they are. They give great support too.

I forgot about dance shoes...if I recall, they are a more consistent fit, have more room in the toe and come in wide sizes, don't they? I think I'll start looking at those for the next cruise (I'm thinking May)

Thanks for the idea!

I forgot about dance shoes...if I recall, they are a more consistent fit, have more room in the toe and come in wide sizes, don't they? I think I'll start looking at those for the next cruise (I'm thinking May)

Thanks for the idea!

Yes, they do come in wide widths and should be extremely comfortable if they are good quality and fit well. Shoes are really important to dancers, who are on their feet for hours. Don't wear them on the street though, or those thin suede soles won't last long. They would be fine for running around the ship and I know lots of dancers who wear them at work because of the comfort and support.

I find that Werner Kern ballroom shoes are the best fitting for me.

My hat is off to you my dear friend :). Those kids will have a better future because of people like you :).

When I was in school, there was no big screen or fake fireplace in my class room. However, I did have a very mean teacher. To these days, I still remember sister Monique. She used to hit my left hand to bleed because I was using my left hand to write. I am now writing with my right hand but doing everything else with my left. I used to pissed my mother off when I did not want to go to church. I told her, because of sister Monique I am no longer Catholic :D.

Take care my friend and have a great day.

Marie

The nun was not alone. Mr. G was also forced to change from his left hand to his right in a public school. Maybe that's why his handwriting is now barely legible. One time he left a note for me in the morning and I had to call him at work to ask what he was talking about with the rabbit and Jack Benny.:D

What other little lovely purchases have you made in addition to the handbags?;):)

Thanks for your offer..as much as like the Goddess top, I'm sure it would be to large for me:(

Michelle

I'm a size 8. BTW I'm an escaped Valley girl. Grew up in Sherman Oaks and graduated from Van Nuys High School way way WAY back (1970)

I'm a size 8. BTW I'm an escaped Valley girl. Grew up in Sherman Oaks and graduated from Van Nuys High School way way WAY back (1970)

Amy, the next time when I see you, can you say "Oh My Gosh" the Valley girl way for me :-).

Hope everyone is doing well. It is windy and so cold here. I have been in the house for the last two says.

Have a great day ladies.

M

PS. Did everyone revieved their dress or gown? Please post a picture :-)

Amy, That's crazy! I grew up in N.Y. but my family moved to Van Nuys in 1970 and I graduated from there in 1972! Small world indeed. I'm just a few miles west of there now and work in Woodland Hills.

I can wear 6-8 but for tops, I'm closer to the 6:)

Michelle

Well I guess you just need to come home then:pjust kidding, we just might be getting rained on here...

While Amy can say the "Oh my Gosh" I can say the "gag me with a spoon":)

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Michelle:)

Amy, the next time when I see you, can you say "Oh My Gosh" the Valley girl way for me :-).

Hope everyone is doing well. It is windy and so cold here. I have been in the house for the last two says.

Have a great day ladies.

M

Edited by Princessmich

Have a great day ladies.

M

Fer sure, fer sure!

Actually, when I lived there, there was no such thing as a "Valley Girl."

Amy, That's crazy! I grew up in N.Y. but my family moved to Van Nuys in 1970 and I graduated from there in 1972! Small world indeed. I'm just a few miles west of there now and work in Woodland Hills.

:)

Michelle

I was born in NJ and we moved to CA when I was 6.

Did you have Mr. Frisius for any English classes?

I was born in NJ and we moved to CA when I was 6.

Did you have Mr. Frisius for any English classes?

OmG! Yes! I had a Shakespeare class with him! How amazing he was! The jokes when he called our names....I'll never forget!

OMG! OMG! "the Valley way" perhaps you two would recognize each other if you met. How about lunch or dinner?

M