recycling clothing among cc members

I think the person should be identified too. Am I being mean...you betcha!!! But so is this woman who thought she could get away with what she is doing to Marie. Like the saying goes...every dog has their day...OR maybe if Marie doesn't want to post her name, perhaps she could e-mail the regular ladies who correspond with her and let us know that way. What do you think?

I'm apologizing in advance if you ladies think I am being mean :(

I think that is an appropriate thing to do. Although I am a newbie to this thread I have already learned so much from these boards. It seems like a close knit group here and I look forward to getting to know you all better. Hopefully no more of you generous kind ladies will be scammed by this person. I will add my email to my signature if anyone wants to let me know who to steer clear of :rolleyes:. Since I don't really know everyone that well yet, I couldn't begin to guess who this person is.

On a lighter note, I have a couple dresses that I have been saving for a friend, but if she doesn't still want them, I will post them here next week (if I can figure out how to do that)!

Not probably.;):)

That's what my call was too! Too much junk in the trunk to fit Marie's gown so she's ticked off at herself for having one too many chocolate melting cakes and wants to lash out.

I'm trying to figure out who it is ... but it's probably best if I don't narrow it down any further than I already have!

When I saw her name show up after Marie posted what happened, I thought, oh, she's posting to apologize or say there was some type of mixup, she was very, very sorry etc. rather than feigning disdain for something "someone else" did.:rolleyes:

OK now that's just really pathetic. She had the balls to post something about what she did, pretending to be upset that someone else had done it? Sybil much?

You know, you really do have to laugh. Some people are just miserable - no matter what. The woman who tried to rip off Marie is probably a lonely, miserable, unloved soul. Look at Marie: besides a loving husband, she has the love and support of many people who are virtually strangers to her. As someone before said, Karma is a b-tch!

And to Marie: you know, if you ever do need anything, all you would have to do is post on this board, and you would have numerous offers of help.

...there is always one bad apple...

Carol.

Marie,

Do you get all new dresses, purses and shoes for every cruise? Too bad we are not on the same cruise next year - I would love to meet you (and see all of the gowns up close:D).

Kathi

kathi - where in Norhtern VA are you and what size? I am cruising in a month. I like to wear maxi dresses during the day but funny most of my formal wear is on the shorter side. I do have several items I need to go thru my closets - when I can find an extra few hours - and try to post several items and shoes. I have a ton of heels that I can no longer wear - because of my hip - most size 9 and I will try to post those too. I tend to give clothes away on Craigs List but this seems like a great fourm. My first time posting in this thread but I have been reading.

Marie - you are gorgeous - I need to get back down to a size 10 or so. When I was forced to stop running when I had my knees operated on 9 years ago I gained 30+ pounds that now makes me a 14 :( and not happy but right now the only working out I can do is Hot Yoga as I wait and put off replacing my hip.

Great thread

Sharon

kathi - where in Norhtern VA are you and what size? I am cruising in a month. I like to wear maxi dresses during the day but funny most of my formal wear is on the shorter side. I do have several items I need to go thru my closets - when I can find an extra few hours - and try to post several items and shoes. I have a ton of heels that I can no longer wear - because of my hip - most size 9 and I will try to post those too. I tend to give clothes away on Craigs List but this seems like a great fourm. My first time posting in this thread but I have been reading.

Great thread

Sharon

Sharon,

Thanks for the offer but I am much larger than you and wear a size 8 shoe (can't wear high heels, either). I live just outside of Richmond. I think this is a great place to pass on clothes you don't need. Until Marie posted I would have thought everyone here would be very grateful for anything passed on. You just never know.:(

Kathi

Sharon,

Thanks for the offer but I am much larger than you and wear a size 8 shoe (can't wear high heels, either). I live just outside of Richmond. I think this is a great place to pass on clothes you don't need. Until Marie posted I would have thought everyone here would be very grateful for anything passed on. You just never know.:(

Kathi

There are ALWAYS ungrateful people I have learned - I tend to ignore them. I used to wear and 8 but after (including twins) my feet got bigger along with my chest and never went back to normal size.

I live in Alexandria but have some good friends who live in Glen Allen and we tend to go down to Richmond at least to one of the NASCAR races too.

I still wear heel (much to my doctors chagrin) at times but I tend to prefer wedges right now as less stress on my hip that needs to be replaced although I still have a few strappy heels that I like to wear.

Sharon

Marie,

You offer amazing gowns, purses and shoes. I would love to be lucky enough to get one of your items. You are beyond generous, there aren't many people that would just offer free designer gowns, bags and shoes. You could easily post on ebay but you choose to give to all of us. This person should be ashamed. Theres no guarantee it will fit and if it doesn't what is she out $20 for a $$$$ dress.

It's quite sad that someone can be so ungrateful!

It's hard to believe that someone would be so ungrateful and then continue to post on this site. I don't have a clue who it is but I just hope that once I begin to clean out my closets that she doesn't get any of my items! If I were lucky enough to get a dress from Marie and it was too small I would just have to lose weight!! :D Fingers crossed that I get lucky one day!!

I don't normally jump on the bandwagon on threads like this but I too was shocked to read what Marie had written. I was going to say I hope the person in question is reading this but someone has already said she has posted feigning disgust or whatever at the lady in question and it is her. That is not a nice thing to do at all.

An apology would be nice or if you don't want to maybe an explanation as there are always two sides to a story.

Let's recycle! I have a few more things that I am ready to recycle. On the dresses, it's one dress per person. All I ask is that you reimburse me for the shipping.

Email me at: lisa at lounsbery dot com

First up, is a Size 14 JS Collections Chocolate Brown Dress. The layer under the brown lace is nude. If you followed the thread I started on major alterations, this is the dress I was talking about. I decided to give it a new home.

JS-Collections-Satin-Lace-Mesh_88349E24_zps9e97a469.jpg

Next, is a Size 16 JS Collections Navy/Ink Dress (lining is blue).

JSCollectionsBlueGown_zpsbac99621.jpg

Third up is a Size 16W Jessica Simpson Black dress. Light weight, empire waist, and elastic in the back. THIS DRESS NEEDS TO BE DRY CLEANED BEFORE YOU WEAR IT. If you do not want to take this to the cleaners, then do not request it. The issue is a little bit of deodorant on the dress.

P6050076_zpsc378e635.jpg

P6050077_zps3c614c62.jpg

Here are some separates...

Email me at: lisa at lounsbery dot com

Palazzo Pants Size 1X Black

P6050075_zpsb00841a7.jpg

Silver Sequined Top Size 1X (this top is boxy)

P6050074_zpsbb530c41.jpg

Orange (t-shirt material) Sequined Top with T back - this one fits a 1X even though it claims to be a 2X...runs small

P6050072_zpsa96e427a.jpg

Lisa

I'm in... :D

Lisa

Yay! We're pretty close too! You're Tennessee right? And is your hubby from Kansas City?* I'm from there originally! I move to the ATL about 12 years ago for a newspaper job. For 20 years, I was in the news biz, moving all over the country (Florida, back to Missouri, Texas, Georgia.) Then, when that industry went to crap, I started teaching. It was one of those "God Things." You know how people say "everything happens for a reason" but usually when they say that, it's because something happened to you that absolutely sucks? Well, this, I understand completely why it happened to me and I couldn't be more grateful!

*yes, I peeped your Google profile!:D

Yay! We're pretty close too! You're Tennessee right? And is your hubby from Kansas City?* I'm from there originally! I move to the ATL about 12 years ago for a newspaper job. For 20 years, I was in the news biz, moving all over the country (Florida, back to Missouri, Texas, Georgia.) Then, when that industry went to crap, I started teaching. It was one of those "God Things." You know how people say "everything happens for a reason" but usually when they say that, it's because something happened to you that absolutely sucks? Well, this, I understand completely why it happened to me and I couldn't be more grateful!

*yes, I peeped your Google profile!:D

Ok, now it makes sense...I couldn't figure out when I mentioned Walt was from KC. We moved from Dallas to Knoxville in 2007 and absolutely love it out here. Where did you live in Texas?

Lisa

Ok, now it makes sense...I couldn't figure out when I mentioned Walt was from KC. We moved from Dallas to Knoxville in 2007 and absolutely love it out here. Where did you live in Texas?

Lisa

I was in Corsicana. God, how I miss Dallas. I had myself a LARGE time in Dallas. Ahhh the memories.

My family is still in Kansas City. It will always be home.

Edited by heyitsmejudy

Sharon,

Another Alexandria-ite here! I see you have a cruise coming up in July - we are doing a New England Canada Cruise in September. I don't suppose there is a local group or club of cruisers, is there? Would be fun if there was.

Marie, I'm so glad that you are putting the incident behind you! Life is too short and you are just too good of a person to let it matter.

Debbie

First up, is a Size 14 JS Collections Chocolate Brown Dress. The layer under the brown lace is nude. If you followed the thread I started on major alterations, this is the dress I was talking about. I decided to give it a new home.

JS-Collections-Satin-Lace-Mesh_88349E24_zps9e97a469.jpg

Good you decided to not even try to have this altered. The skirt would not have been too bad but the bodice would never have looked the same. Glad it is going to a good home!

Good you decided to not even try to have this altered. The skirt would not have been too bad but the bodice would never have looked the same. Glad it is going to a good home!

I love this dress, but it has found a really great home. And, y'all were right that I would find some great new gowns. I bought a Calvin Klein fitted gown at Ross for $24! It's a shape that I have never worn before, so I am very happy.

Lisa

I love this dress, but it has found a really great home. And, y'all were right that I would find some great new gowns. I bought a Calvin Klein fitted gown at Ross for $24! It's a shape that I have never worn before, so I am very happy.

Lisa

To be altered properly, it would have been a lot of work and you would have spent far more than $24 to have it altered. In the end may, it not have looked right and with your great weight loss, you needed to treat yourself to some new things as a reward. BTW, LOVE your new hair and shouldn't it now be BlondeHeadTexan? :D

To be altered properly, it would have been a lot of work and you would have spent far more than $24 to have it altered. In the end may, it not have looked right and with your great weight loss, you needed to treat yourself to some new things as a reward. BTW, LOVE your new hair and shouldn't it now be BlondeHeadTexan? :D

Ha, ha, ha...but I would lose my post count if I went with the new name. :D

I am glad I let go of the dress. I loved that dress and have some great memories and photos of me in it. It's time for me to embrace the size I am now and stop wearing the clothes that are too big. I guess it's time to go shopping some more! :D

Lisa