Misty Fjords Floatplane/Boat help

derrick22

I have done my research and read until my eyeballs hurt and seeing Misty Fjords from the sea and air seems to be the way to go.

I inquired through Alaska Travel Adventures but they can't accommodate us.

I found another company, Alaska Tours that does the same thing and its $50 a person less than the ship excursion.

I really haven't read much about Alaska Tours other than they are a booking agent although their site doesn't indicate it.

Any thoughts, or suggestions?

This is my last excursion to book. :)

Thanks

Denise

I haven't I'm booked with Island Wings-Michele but I just wanted to let you know This is our 3rd trip to Alaska and my 3rd trip booked to see Misty Fjords we still have not seen it. We always seem to get fogged out. So I'm hoping the 3rd time is the trick. Have a back up plan just in case. Karon:)

I haven't I'm booked with Island Wings-Michele but I just wanted to let you know This is our 3rd trip to Alaska and my 3rd trip booked to see Misty Fjords we still have not seen it. We always seem to get fogged out. So I'm hoping the 3rd time is the trick. Have a back up plan just in case. Karon:)

Is the fog a morning problem?

I hope you get to see Misty Fjords this time.

Good excuse to keep on going back.:D

I am hoping to do a sea and air excursion.

Denise

Hi We just came back last week and did Misty Fjords with a Float Plane operated by Dave of FAMILY AIR TOURS it was FANTASTIC, we had a wonderful experience and would throughly reccomend Dave and his plane! Happy to answer any other questions about our Float Plane Tour!

I just came back last friday from the Ryndam RT inside passage and took the MF flight with Michelle. went with my daughter & her husband and had beautiful weather and wonderful trip flying up a narrow fjord and landing on a beach. She has a plane carrying 7 passengers and we were teamed with an Indian couple from Bombay and their 5 yr old daughter. in 1992 I took a larger plane on an HAL excursion but it was very misty on our trip. Seems we lucked out with weather on entire cruise. Island Wings is the company's name.

We did Misty Fjord float plane (DH Beaver with 6 passengers) - booked through Princess last week. I was a little worried that the weather was not good, quite alot of low cloud and only a little brightness. However, there was absolutely no need to worry, the cloud added a tremendous amount of atmosphere and made the scenery very mystical, a fantastic flight, possibly made better by the 'poor' weather!

We've just returned from Statendam Northbound and had booked the mist fjords cruise through Alaska Adventures when the tour was on offer at $99. Despite them requiring 14 days cancellation notice and providing aa mobile contact number when we met the representative on the dock the trip was cancelled due to lack of numbers (from the cruise line it was claimed). We know HAL was using a different company and their equivalent was running but we were then too late to catch it. They offered a full refund (still need to see that come through) and an alternative to go on the African Queen - more on that later. Since it was early, still not 7.30 we went into the tourist office and picked up a flightseeing trip for $179 and had a great time and were back by 9.30. Four of our party of five (ie all except me) went on the African Queen paddle steamer, report was that boat was very interesting caberet was dire!

In the end our flightseeing made up for the annoyance of no information from Alaska Adventures, always assuming our refund comes through. G,

Msg girl, I had the exact same experience with Alaska Travel Adventures--booked the $99 special, showed up where I was supposed to at the designated time and no one was there! Finally after several calls by me to the numbers I had on the confirmation, someone showed up and said the trip had been cancelled due to lack of numbers. Well, I understand things like that happen, but they had my email (I had my laptop with me and was checking email regularly) and my cell phone number and could have let me know so I could have made alternative plans. I was too late to go on the Princess excursion to Misty Fjords, and they told me there were no other alternatives to get to Mistry Fjords by boat that day, so I was pretty upset. They did refund my money (it took over a week however and I had to call to follow up) and they also offered me the paddle wheel boat for free but I was like, if I wanted to go on the paddle wheel, I would have booked that! I was not a happy camper--not so much that they cancelled but that they didn't inform me ahead of time so I could make other plans. Sounds like my experience was not an aberration, unfortunately.

I ended up booking a wildlife coastal excursion by small boat through Princess and had a nice time but it was a very stressful morning and it could have been avoided so easily with a simple email and/or phone call.

We are going end of Aug beginning of Sept and have booked with Michelle at Island wings but are doing the Fly and Hike option. So we not only get to see it by air, but also get to see it by land which we are really looking forward to ;)

It's a thought!

Hi We just came back last week and did Misty Fjords with a Float Plane operated by Dave of FAMILY AIR TOURS it was FANTASTIC, we had a wonderful experience and would throughly reccomend Dave and his plane! Happy to answer any other questions about our Float Plane Tour!

Hi there - can you tell me more about your float plane trip with Dave? A few weeks ago, we reserved a trip with him for July. Since he operates a smaller plane than some of the other companies, what can you say about the whole experience? It will be our first time in a float plane, and, although we're a tad nervous, we're very excited and heard that a flight over the Misty Fjords is something not to be missed. We look forward to hearing about your experience - thank you!! :)

Archived