this is for south east qld and nrth nsw

thied

445mm of rain for us up until 5pm tonight. It could be more because the rain gauge overflowed by this morning so we are only measuring what was in it.

Unfortunately our 'repaired' roof and ceilings need more work. It has taken just over six months since the massive storm and repairs are due to finish in another two weeks, but now there is more to do! Just as well we haven't put the new carpets in yet. :):)

Evon.

We have just been issued with a new weather warning for the Southeast.

It poured all day, and the bushes in our front garden were almost horizontal at times. Flooding is wide spread. We live on the northern end of the Gold Coast and it has been fairly wild all day. Stupid teenagers are still taking their lives into their hands playing in local water drains:mad:.

All our beaches are closed.

the way its going the pacific sun will be able to dock at our back door lol just kidding but we have been flooded in from 8am today.

A little over eleven inches of rain here....woke to a lovely inland sea in the backyard....lol.... small leak in the family room ceiling ....builders will be here sometime someday or whenever....we are now having a lovely thunderstorm complete with lightning........and the mandatory heavy rain.............lol........cat really p#$$ed off ........but at least we are safe.....lol...........i think........lol.......time for another glass of wine..............cheers shiona

Saw the funniest thing this morning: our cat was going psycho wanting to get out of the house, jumping on the furniture, the divider wall, and running round like its tail was on fire. I told him,"he wouldn't like it outside," but he continued his behaviour, biting my ankle in his frustration. I let him out.

He dove out the door. Stopped dead in his tracks when he felt the rain pelting his body: turned his head to the left, then to the right , turned 180 % and then made a single leap through the open sliding door back into the house. He lost his footing and slid on his belly past me and into the kitchen :D. I laughed so hard.

We have developed water views from our place today:eek:

So far so good, not major flooding but who knows with what is predicted over the next 24hrs

Mark

Saw the funniest thing this morning: our cat was going psycho wanting to get out of the house, jumping on the furniture, the divider wall, and running round like its tail was on fire. I told him,"he wouldn't like it outside," but he continued his behaviour, biting my ankle in his frustration. I let him out.

He dove out the door. Stopped dead in his tracks when he felt the rain pelting his body: turned his head to the left, then to the right , turned 180 % and then made a single leap through the open sliding door back into the house. He lost his footing and slid on his belly past me and into the kitchen :D. I laughed so hard.

Our cat is going mad too, driving us insane..... they are such wimps its only water

Mark

Ok here to so far, although pool was overflowing, animals all accounted for, cats hiding/sleeping in/on beds/wardrobes wherever. LOL.

Offered girls day off school and they declined, managed to get to work with all the traffic only to be phoned by school at 12.45pm to say come get kids if you can we are sending those that can home due to weather. Nice short day at work, funny thing just as my mobile rang a colleague who lives in opposite direction also had his kids school text to say pick them up. Glad I did though roads were flooding on way home, would hate to be those kids/parents where they were trapped at school with no way in or out, would be rather distressing I think.

We are bayside south of gateway bridge and 5 mins from bay, now just waiting for the wind gusts and more rain. Will decide on school/work when we wake up in morning, not worth being on roads if we don't need to.

Take care all, at least the draught is over.

Cheers

Jingles.:)

I've just gone into our kitchen and found that we have another leak in the roof. Ugh!!

We have had another 70mm of rain in the last four hours. That makes a total of at 504mm (20 inches), but probably more because the rain gauge overflowed last night. The rain was heaviest at lunch time today when we had 90mm in slightly over an hour. We had a man working here with a forklift loading a semi trailer-load of scaffolding through the worst of the rain. He needed a medal!

I had better go and keep my daughter's cat company. He has been asking for more attention today. It seems that all these cats are spooked with the weather.

Evon.

We have faired quite well at our house,unfortunatly though my brother didnt do so well and we spent the day bailing water out of his house! My kids scored themselves a day off school, and after hearing all the reports of schools closing etc Im so glad I kept them home. If the bad weather continues I think I will give them tomorrow off as well.

Stay safe everyone:)

All schools and preschools closed today. What really astounded me was that they closed Sunshine Plaza Shopping Centre at Maroochydore today. Unheard of!!!! For those of you who have never been there, the plaza is built over the Maroochydore River so I suppose if the river flooded the plaza would flood too. Fortunately for us the storm front went south to Brisbane and we missed the worst of it this time. We copped this a month ago so I am glad we missed it this time. However, the rain has now started again with a vengeance so I don't know what tomorrow will bring.

Lets hope it lets up soon. Not a repeat of the floods in the 80's in Brisbane.

All schools and preschools closed today. What really astounded me was that they closed Sunshine Plaza Shopping Centre at Maroochydore today. .

Was at the Plaza this morning' date=' lucky I got my shopping done :) - they must have closed it after I left. You're right, that is unusual, first time in my experience. My DIL had to collect my grandson from the local school today when schools were closed. Hard to understand when it was quite fine, compared to yesterday when it was so wet. A lot of people over on the Sunshine Coast Daily forum seemed pretty cross about having to collect their kids from school, though I understand it was a police directive. Schools have to act on advice given, and it is always a judgement call. When we lived in the US they would close the schools when heavy snow was forecast. People would complain because they lived on paved roads which were snow-plowed and driveable; but the school district covered all sorts of road conditions, including small country roads which were not cleared. Same here, some parts of SC would have roads vulnerable to flooding. Had an email from a friend at the Gold Coast, they had wild weather and cyclonic winds today, and they spent their day mopping up the rain which came through the windows of their high-rise apartment. It is starting to rain heavily outside at the moment (11.30pm), so some of this weather system is still around. Must say, I don't like storms, had a house torn apart around me in Cyclone Tracy in Darwin, that's why!:([/font']

I hope the worst of the rain and flooding is over for the SE. This morning, the BOM radar was showing rain from Southport to the south.

It was hard to believe so much flooding had occurred from the TV coverage last night.

I hope you all come out of this OK.

Cheers,

Anna

By the way Carrie, you pusscat story was a barrel of laughs.

Suns out today ....yay....so far so good.......in total we have had 20.8" last nights storm finished around 3.30am.....last time something like this happened my kids were still at school in Maleny and my mum in Mooloolah got the call to come and collect them as the school was closing....i was out shopping...as you do when it's torrentially raining and couldn't be contacted...mobile phones a thing of the future for us poor people ....

3 days later when the flood waters subsided at mums and i could get out of my flooded driveway i picked them up...... i was so glad at least they were with family.....so it can happen better to be safe than sorry...it was a smart call .........cheers Shiona

ps: Sofie is sound asleep on my bed........a very good sign...............

Fingers crossed the sun stays out, we were getting ready to build an ark yesterday :p We finally got home from work to find the power had been cut most of the day and my lovely lamb shanks I put in the crockpot before we left for work was not cooked. Thank goodness i had some cold meat and salad in the fridge!!

As we live on an Island we had a few boats washed up on shore and trees were blown over everywhere. At least we had no leaks in the house which I am grateful for. Lets hope the worst is behind us :)

... hmmm ... and yet a mere 120km to the west, we've had not nearly as much in Toowoomba.

Dams have just managed to struggle up to 10%!!!! What a pity!

Hope you're all dry down in Brisbane! Would love to see more up here though!

That is so funny....what a pity you didn't have the video camera for a 'funniest home videos' moment ;).

cute :D

I Hope everyone stays safe & Hope you dont get flooded out.

cute :D

I Hope everyone stays safe & Hope you dont get flooded out.

thank for saying that, and i hope so too, but 95% of the water went away last night, we still have water views( hopr the local council dont find out then they will wont more rates lol)we have been out on jet skies most of the day helping our naubours out.

Archived