FOS Must Dos

This is our first cruise with Royal Caribbean and we were wondering what we "shouldn't miss" while on board the Freedom. We definitely will be checking out the Flowrider and the rockwall and the ice rink, but we want to know what else we need to check out while on board. 10 days to go! Thanks for your suggestions!

This is our first cruise with Royal Caribbean and we were wondering what we "shouldn't miss" while on board the Freedom. We definitely will be checking out the Flowrider and the rockwall and the ice rink, but we want to know what else we need to check out while on board. 10 days to go! Thanks for your suggestions!

I'm on the Liberty of the Seas in Oct., so I've been reading many reviews. People keep raving about a show/game called Quest. You can participate or just watch, but they say participating is more fun. No one ever discusses what exactly takes place (maybe they're under oath), but they all rave about it! I'm becoming quite curious about it myself.

The quest is a great game to participate in. Also, don't miss the ice show. You may need tickets but they are free. Also.... get up to the helipad. Take outside deck 4 toward the front of the ship and up the stairs. A lot of people like to do the sail-away from there. Chops is also a great restaurant, well worth the $25 cover charge that include tip. Lastly, I really enjoyed the nightly entertainment on the Freedom.

Definitely "The Quest" and "Love and Marriage"! Adults only though so beware! We really enjoyed the Men's Sexy Leg contest and Belly Flop contest as well! Also the Dodgeball tournaments!

I agree with Quest and Love&Marriage Show.

Others not to miss

--Ice Show

--Open Ice Skate

--Open Rock Climbing times

--ice cream at sprinkles, no added charge, set up at the H20 zone and open from 11am - 9pm every day

--the cookies of the day at Cafe Promenade (YUM!)

--mini golf

--Golf Simulator contest

--Cartoon TV Trivia - funny how much useless knowledge I hold

One thing that I SHOULD HAVE MISSED

--Johnny Rockets at lunch time on a Sea Day. Waiting times get well over one hour. And you are not allowed to leave. :rolleyes: You have to stand there and wait for your table and your entire party has to stand with you. It was ANNOYING. My kids stepped inside to wait in the airconditioning and the host tried to claim since my family wasn't "with me" he was giving up my table after an hour wait. :eek: My kids, luckily, were right inside the door with my hubby. So I grabbed them and said SEE! ;)

The quest was hilarious! It's a game for adults, where you are put into teams and the game host will say. Okay, the first make/female member of the group up here (one person goes up from the team) who has a pair of high heals and lipstick on. Of course, he will say male for that one. Or, the first female group memeber up here who has boxers on. It's quite funny! Although sometimes a little inappropriate. I am not comfortable taking certain garments of mine off in front of about 500 people for a keychain. However, it is funny to watch others :)

From what I have read and understood, if you are not easily offended and enjoy a more R-rated game (which kids should not see), then you shouldn't miss Quest.

NCL has its own version, which I have been told is much tamer than Royal's. I didn't enjoy NCL's at all so I chose to miss the one on Mariner and Independence.

Just a few things my husband and I liked that you may want to check out.

Don't miss the Bull and Bear Pub at night...the energy and fun in here was a blast. They make a great Irish Coffee here also.

Small late night snack of ham crouissants and cookies from the promenade.

Several different backgrounds for your formal pictures so you have a variety to choose from.

Breakfast or coffee delivered to you in the morning.

The Olive or Twist bar as the sun goes down (delicious martinis).

Vintages before dinner w/a great glass of wine and cheese and cracker assortment.

Onion Tart from the main dining room...this is really good. You may want a 2nd it's so good.

Breakfast in the Main dining room by a window overlooking the ocean.

Sailaway on the upper deck waving at everyone below.

Have an awesome cruise!

Get a latte at the Promenade Cafe and ask them to put coconut syrup in it - amazing!!

If the captain gives a talk, try to attend - you will learn a lot of interesting "insider" stuff about the ship.

The pizza in Sorrentos is awesome, especially around mid afternoon when they seem to make a fresh batch.

I second the advice to skip Johnny Rockets - I'm sure you have a place in your town to get a grease-burger without the wait, annoying singing waiters, and guaranteed belly-ache afterwards.

I agree with what most everybody has said but I love Johnny Rockets and we just got off the Freedom and the have the pagers so you can go watch the flowrider while you wait or if you get there right at 1130 you can get a seat no problem.

Archived