Discount Airfare?

I have found 2 different web companies that offer deep discounted prices on flights. The catch is you must pay and join. Does anyone have any experiences with such types of companies? Should I just be happy with the major web searches? I found a great local agent for a cruise out of Houston back in Oct. but can they get me a cheaper flight & cruise than the big guns on the web?

txfab

The enrollment price for one of the clubs is $59.90 for US and $79.90 for Canadians. I would probably use it to fly two of us 3 to 4 times this coming year if it provides the service we need. They have a section with cruise listings also but the prices are no greater deals then can be found else where. I have seen this club on a couple of national morning shows over the past few years talking about cheap travel for the holidays and such. With the membership you also get a paperback book called Insider Travel Secrets. I found a copy in a used bookstore 2 years ago.

The second club does not look legit (promises way to much) so I would not even consider them.

Does anyone have insight into this company? Good or Bad experiences?

Anybody else? What have all you budget minded people found for cheap air fares? About 4 years ago I was on a flight w/ a woman who used price....and set her own amount (superlow bid) and got a great deal. In Oct. 2001, I used them to get flights at $120rt to SanFran but of course that was just after 9-11. Any other success stories?

Archived