Take care with 'online prices'...

Hi all - new to this board as I have not cruised with Thomson before, just wanted to share my story with you in case this happens to anyone else.

On Monday night I booked a cruise for my mum (September, 1 night cruise) - web price was a bargain £39 each! Went ahead and booked and when the confirmation email came in, I had been charged the phone price instead. OK, only £10 each more, but I would have booked with the travel agent had I known the system would screw up.

I have had to call Thomson and their customer service has been pretty poor - so be careful if this happens to you. Have spent ages on the phone to them to reclaim this additional money which has not appeared yet in my account (oh, and the call handler had to get 'authorisation' to let me have the internet price!!!), so be careful if you book online that the 'web price' is the price you are ultimately paying. It could be a lot more than £10 each at stake! :)

How are Thomson to cruise with by the way, considering them for next year - as long as I get my £20 back (lol) ;)

Yes I saw this one night cruise on Spririt, in Thompson shop window at £49, only problem we live near Harwich, so that would be fine, its then getting home from Southampton.

In the end we said as we were booked on Spirit for next March, part of the excitement of a cruise is first day exploring a ship, so the one nighter would take the edge off our cruise in March.:(

Archived