Upgraded...Again!

MarilouR

We are heading to Alaksa on Saturday - Zuiderdam - round trip out of Vancouver. We originally booked a GUAR VF. About 6 weeks ago, we were assigned a VA -- Were very pleased. About three weeks ago, we were offered an upsell to an SZ, SY or SS. We decided to take an SS at $200 CDN/person. Today, we received an email from HAL. We have been upgraded to an SA!! I am so excited! We booked this trip to celebrate our 25th anniversay! I think we are definitely going to be celebrating!! :D :D :D

Thanks HAL!!

Congratulations on the upgrade and your 25th anniversary. Our 25th was yesterday, and we are celebrating in 11 days by going on our cruise. :)

Maybe we will get as lucky, too. Right now I'd settle for a room #.

We are heading to Alaksa on Saturday - Zuiderdam - round trip out of Vancouver. We have been upgraded to an SA!! I am so excited! We booked this trip to celebrate our 25th anniversay! I think we are definitely going to be celebrating!! :D :D :D

Thanks HAL!!

Congratulations!! You will be spoiled forever. :D

That's exactly how we were upgraded to our first SA and now that's all we book. Great marketing on HAL's part!

We are heading to Alaksa on Saturday - Zuiderdam - round trip out of Vancouver. We originally booked a GUAR VF. About 6 weeks ago, we were assigned a VA -- Were very pleased. About three weeks ago, we were offered an upsell to an SZ, SY or SS. We decided to take an SS at $200 CDN/person. Today, we received an email from HAL. We have been upgraded to an SA!! I am so excited! We booked this trip to celebrate our 25th anniversay! I think we are definitely going to be celebrating!! :D :D :D

Thanks HAL!!

I called a couple of weeks ago and was told that I could not buy an upgrade because the ship was fully booked (I am going on this cruse also).

I'm not sure that there's any secret, if there was, I's be sure to repeat it next time! :) :D :) We booked back in November - before all the economical doom and gloom, and phoned HAL directly rather than using a TA.

Thanks everyone for your congrats!!

Congratulations! You will absolutely "love" your SA cabin. Last November, we were on the Oosterdam and had originally booked an SY and ended up with an SA via the upgrade fairy. You will totally be spoiled by the large size of the room and the veranda. The Neptune Lounge and their service is wonderful.

I will always wish when on HAL then I could by in an SA again, but I can't afford it on my own. I did see an SS category room and it was much larger than the typical balcony cabin so I would have been very happy with that also. But, the perks that go with the SA were great.

Enjoy!

Thats a great deal. The listed difference between a VF and an SA is about $1700 PP. (thats US) and you got that for $200 PP (CN) Now thats a terrific upgrade/upsell. You will have a great time. Enjoy the Neptune Lounge and have a great cruise.

CONGRATULATIONS!! WOW!! THAT IS A GREAT UPGRADE!

We were visited to day AGAIN by the HAL upgrade fairy!

We sail this Sunday on board the Westerdam. We were upgraded from a HH to a DD then to a VB!! WE ARE HAPPY SAILORS!!:D

Congrats on the upgrade & the Silver Wedding anniversary!

We're going our our first cruise and celebrating our 25th too and just last accepted a similar upgrade through our TA.

Enjoy!

Archived