Ist Time Azamara ...What to Expect?

GeniRich

Hi..we will be soon be transfering one of our RCI bookings to the Azamar Journey in March. We are experienced cruisers primarily with RCI. We know that the experience will be quite a bit different and we are looking forward to it. We will be in a balcony cabin. For those who have cruised both lines how do you compare them? For those with Azamara cruises any comments or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rich

Hi..we will be soon be transfering one of our RCI bookings to the Azamar Journey in March. We are experienced cruisers primarily with RCI. We know that the experience will be quite a bit different and we are looking forward to it. We will be in a balcony cabin. For those who have cruised both lines how do you compare them? For those with Azamara cruises any comments or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rich

Hi Rich !

Welcome the Azamara board !

I've sailed RCI and Celebrity many times. My thoughts... Azamara is a wonderful Cruise experience. The biggest differences between Azamara and RCI, is that Azamara's 2 ships are smaller, which allows for great service, and a more personalized Cruise experience. The crew will get to know you, and work very hard to see that you have a wonderful time onboard. The food is outstanding, particularly in the 2 specialty restaurants. Another nice feature is the attire, which is resort casual. We enjoyed this very much. The pool deck is amongst the best I have ever seen on a Cruise ship. The lounge chairs were heavenly. There are very limited smoking areas on the ship. The entertainment is very good, but you will not see the production shows you would see on the larger ships. Think of them more as cabaret type shows.

If you are hoping for a more upscale, and very relaxed experience, with wonderful food, you will love Azamara. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your Cruise !

hi rich !

Welcome the azamara board !

I've sailed rci and celebrity many times. My thoughts... Azamara is a wonderful cruise experience. The biggest differences between azamara and rci, is that azamara's 2 ships are smaller, which allows for great service, and a more personalized cruise experience. The crew will get to know you, and work very hard to see that you have a wonderful time onboard. The food is outstanding, particularly in the 2 specialty restaurants. Another nice feature is the attire, which is resort casual. We enjoyed this very much. The pool deck is amongst the best i have ever seen on a cruise ship. The lounge chairs were heavenly. There are very limited smoking areas on the ship. The entertainment is very good, but you will not see the production shows you would see on the larger ships. Think of them more as cabaret type shows.

If you are hoping for a more upscale, and very relaxed experience, with wonderful food, you will love azamara. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your cruise !

andy, i have a question. When on board celebrity and royal caribbean we were offered the opportunity of giving an advance payment on another potential cruise - even if we were not certain of the date or itinerary. The benefit was additional on-board credits. There was a host or hostess on board who handled this type of arrangement. Do they do this on the azamara ships? Just want to be prepared. Joan

andy, i have a question. When on board celebrity and royal caribbean we were offered the opportunity of giving an advance payment on another potential cruise - even if we were not certain of the date or itinerary. The benefit was additional on-board credits. There was a host or hostess on board who handled this type of arrangement. Do they do this on the azamara ships? Just want to be prepared. Joan

Joan

Yes, they offer this onboard PROVIDED you are from the US or Canada!

Sue

Does this not apply to UK cruisers? We have done this on Princess before and it does apply equally to UK or US.

I am not sure about never for UK passengers but, whenever we have been on Celebrity or Azamara cruises, it has been specifically restricted to US or US and Canadian passengers.

Sue

Does this not apply to UK cruisers? We have done this on Princess before and it does apply equally to UK or US.

We are fro mthe UK and booked while on board last FEb.

We got $200 on board credit and got an even lower price by transferring to an agency when we returned home.

The cruise was held for 14 days after our return home so it gave us time to look around and also the booking can be transferred to another cruise if we wish.

Don't know that you get the short end of the stick being from the UK.

I often wonder if rates might be different because of the strength of the pound.

I remember once when I was in Antigua, the Brits had a total package to the resort where I stayed that cost less than my airfare alone. In fact, it would have been less expensive for me to fly to London and get to Antigua from there using that package. I always wanted to investigate doing that some time. It surely baffles me.

I also have heard from Brits that there are packages from the UK to Greece for instance, that cost far less than it would for somebody to book the exact same package departing from somewhere in the UK, but that US residents are not eligible for those rates. Again, I never got around to checking that out.

Hi Rich !

Welcome the Azamara board !

I've sailed RCI and Celebrity many times. My thoughts... Azamara is a wonderful Cruise experience. The biggest differences between Azamara and RCI, is that Azamara's 2 ships are smaller, which allows for great service, and a more personalized Cruise experience. The crew will get to know you, and work very hard to see that you have a wonderful time onboard. The food is outstanding, particularly in the 2 specialty restaurants. Another nice feature is the attire, which is resort casual. We enjoyed this very much. The pool deck is amongst the best I have ever seen on a Cruise ship. The lounge chairs were heavenly. There are very limited smoking areas on the ship. The entertainment is very good, but you will not see the production shows you would see on the larger ships. Think of them more as cabaret type shows.

If you are hoping for a more upscale, and very relaxed experience, with wonderful food, you will love Azamara. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks for the info. Sounds like something we will enjoy. Sorry about not getting back to you sooner had to rush out of town for an emergency. Luckily all is well now.

Rich

we did ask about this, we found the person useless, she was the only disappointing part of the trip

you can not combine the credits if they offer any in the future so I do not know if it it worth it as she did not offer any info

We are hoping to book while onboard the Serenade in June in order to take advantage of the OBC. According to Azamara there are plenty of cabins remaining for the cruise we are looking at so we figure we will wait.

Hi Joan !

I realize this question has been answered, but to add a little more information, you can purchase a Future Cruise Certificate while onboard. The amount of the OB credit depends on the amount you spend on your Future Cruise. The only downside, is the Future Cruise Certificate is non-refundable, and they are not combinable with other OBC's such as a Shareholder Onboard Credit.

I'm sure that Captains Club can assist with any specific details. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Joan !

I realize this question has been answered, but to add a little more information, you can purchase a Future Cruise Certificate while onboard. The amount of the OB credit depends on the amount you spend on your Future Cruise. The only downside, is the Future Cruise Certificate is non-refundable, and they are not combinable with other OBC's such as a Shareholder Onboard Credit.

I'm sure that Captains Club can assist with any specific details. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

For us UK cruisers, I asked the question about non North Americans purchasing Future Cruise Certs whilst onboard Celeb Mercury in May, and was told that from June those of us from the UK should be able to do this.

HTH

Crimsonbird

Liesl Smit is the future cruise sales manager on Journey. She will be able to help you out with any upcoming cruises when you are onboard and will let you know of any offers/cruise credits that are available. She is really lovely and very professional so you will have no worries on that front!

Archived