High Chairs on Carnival

ChristinaN

I'm just wondering what type of high chairs Carnival offers? We will be sailing the Valor at the end of January. Specifically, I'd like to know if they have a tray or are they the ever so popular wooden ones without a tray? Does anyone know? Also are they readily available at the buffet or do you have to spend hours searching? In the dining room, after the first night will there be one there automatically?

Thanks for your help!

I saw no one had replied to your post. I've never been on Carnival, but we needed a high chair on both Princess and Royal Caribbean and they both had the same kind of high chairs (maybe it's an industry standard), so hopefully this will help.

Both lines carried the Rubbermaid plastic highchairs. They are basically plastic versions of the famed wooden ones. They are desined to slide under the table so you can use the table as a tray. BUT, they do have trays that fit over them.

The issue is that there are fewer trays than highchairs (at least visible in the buffet) If you wanted one in the dining room you could probably ask and they'd have one with a tray for you every day, but in the buffet, it's hit or miss. For example, there might be four high chairs waiting to be used, but only one tray.

I never used the tray, so I have no idea how "in demand" they were. Maybe it won't be a problem for you at all.

As far as readily available at the buffet, I would say yes. We traveled during T-Giving week (two years in a row) and there were about a million families on board, lots with high chair aged kids, and we never had a problem. I imagine that if you are traveling when kids are in school, they will be even more readily available.

I doubt a high chair will be waiting for you the first night in the dining room. But, once you tell your waiter you will need one each night, it should be there ready and waiting for you for the remainder of the cruise.

Guest Time2gocruzn

I think I read here that they are the wood ones. Just in case I am bringing this...

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?itemID=554&itemType=PRODUCT&lGen=detail&iMainCat=117&iSubCat=72181&iProductID=554&change=117&KickerID=207130#readmore

right underneath the picture, click where it says detail views. Folds up too. Will also work on my Peg Perego stroller which has no tray:)

7099_td_3.gif

• 2 weeks later...

On Carnival they have the rubbermaid plastic high chairs and trays were available but I never used the tray. It was much easer to just slide the chair up to the table.

We have never had a problem getting a high chair in the buffet area or for open seating meals and after the first night the high chair was waiting for us at dinner. Defnitely no need to pack your own.

Guest Time2gocruzn

LOL. Thanks Zeta. I wasn't packing a whole high chair though, just the tray. It is wonderful, it folds in half and it tiny. Do ALL carnival ships have those chairs? We will be on the Miracle. I swear someone posted here that the ship they were on had the wooden chairs. Oh well. I hope they do have the Rubbermaid ones, one less thing I have to pack. Thanks again!

Archived