RC bank of america points question

How long does it take to see a refund on your credit card once you send in your certificate?

I am beyond final payment. I am getting a free companion fare. I have paid for everything and I am due a refund (with certificate) I sent it in about 7 business days ago? Is it too soon to see the refund yet?

We just did this. If you booked thru the RCCL website, it should first show up as a credit (or negative payment balance) on your payment summary. It was maybe 2 weeks later I noticed the actual credit post to my credit card account. Such a nice surprise ... 125,000 points turned into a $2300 credit! Gotta love the card!

We just did this. If you booked thru the RCCL website, it should first show up as a credit (or negative payment balance) on your payment summary. It was maybe 2 weeks later I noticed the actual credit post to my credit card account. Such a nice surprise ... 125,000 points turned into a $2300 credit! Gotta love the card!

Does this mean that it will show up as an on board credit on your cruise account?

Chris from Fla

How long does it take to get the certificates? I called and they said they cant search for them for 90 days after you had asked for them. It has been about 5 weeks. Did it take a long time for you to get them? Thanks so much for the help.

we called and asked for our cert. and got it about 10 days later- mailed it to kansas and was showing up on our res about 2 weeks later........ we have a neg. balance there now- it should be credited back to our credit card in the next few weeks- our final payment is not til june 14-

Does this mean that it will show up as an on board credit on your cruise account?

Chris from Fla

That's how it happened for us; Two weeks between mailing the certificate and seeing the credit on the cruise account. Then about another 2 weeks until the funds were credited to my BofA credit card account & the cruise credit balance was back to zero. Bear in mind, we were already paid-in-full at the time certificate was redeemed.

That's how it happened for us; Two weeks between mailing the certificate and seeing the credit on the cruise account. Then about another 2 weeks until the funds were credited to my BofA credit card account & the cruise credit balance was back to zero. Bear in mind, we were already paid-in-full at the time certificate was redeemed.

Thanks. Would we have the option of keeping the on board credit, instead of having it returned to our credit card, which is how I thought it read when we opened the account.

Chris

Thanks. Would we have the option of keeping the on board credit, instead of having it returned to our credit card, which is how I thought it read when we opened the account.

Chris

I also thought it would remain an on-board credit; was a little surprised to see the entire amount refunded to the credit card. But my certificate was redeemed specifically for "7-day Caribbean cruise fare for 2"; so maybe that had something to do with it since we were already paid in full. I am sure you could call RCCL and they would leave it as an OBC. Did not matter so much to me as I will use the same card for my on board charges for the cruise.

RCI doesn't refund as OBC. It's always credited back to your credit card.

Not 100% true; rewards offers up to and including 50,000 points include OBC as an option; which I've personally used before. 75,000 points and up are dealing with cabin upgrades & free fares - so perhaps the that's the reason for the difference. You can always call 1-800-421-2110 and get and answer right from BofA.

We have enough points for a free 7 day cruise for 2. What fees do you still have to pay? Port charges? taxes? Would we be better off using 100,000 points for $1000 off. We usually book inside cabins on higher decks.

Not 100% true; rewards offers up to and including 50,000 points include OBC as an option; which I've personally used before. 75,000 points and up are dealing with cabin upgrades & free fares - so perhaps the that's the reason for the difference. You can always call 1-800-421-2110 and get and answer right from BofA.

If they are to refund money back to you it is credited back to your credit card. Other cruise lines offer it in the form of OBC.

I'm aware of their point system. I've been redeeming points for years.

Archived