Is there a Hot Chocolate machine on Crown Princess

ta tommy

Is there a charge for Hot Chocolate or is it available like tea and coffe?

Hot chocolate is available in the "International Cafe". I don't know if there is a fee.

Also available are snacks, most are free of charge (small fee for a few such as tapas plates) and gelato.

The latter sells for 50c per large scoop, but it's marvelous stuff, especially the straciatelli. :p

There is a fee for specialty and regular coffee, so there's likely a fee for your HC.

The cafe is on the Plaza deck. Enjoy.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/kp/deck_plans/index.html

Is there a charge for Hot Chocolate or is it available like tea and coffe?

Sorry, no. Hot chocolate can be obtained different places onboard, but there is usually a charge for it. Not sure about in the diningroom with meals, but everywhere else, yes, they will ask for your cruise card to charge your room.

Princess is supposed to now be serving it on deck when viewing the glaciers in Alaska though, complimentary. How true this is, still waiting for reports to come back. Enjoy!

If you purchase the coffee card, unlimited free hot chocolate is available as well as tea and freshly brewed coffee in the international cafe. Just off the Star and the hot chocolate was quite good. Especially yummy with whipped cream on top of it. :p

Hot chocolate is available for free with breakfast in the dining room, they have had packets of the mix in Horizon Court in the past, I just haven't paid attention recently to see if they still are there, and with the coffee card, hot chocolate at the International and other bars/cafes around the ship is included for no additional charge or punch on the card as long as at least one punch remains.

Before someone asks:

In the International Cafe:

Brewed coffee is $1.00/cup, most specialty coffees are $3.00, espresso $2.50.

$25 (+ gratuity) buys you a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the Cafe and other lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punchouts remaining at the end of the cruise the card can carry over to the next cruise.

Hot chocolate is available in the "International Cafe". I don't know if there is a fee.

Also available are snacks, most are free of charge (small fee for a few such as tapas plates) and gelato.

The latter sells for 50c per large scoop, but it's marvelous stuff, especially the straciatelli. :p

There is a fee for specialty and regular coffee, so there's likely a fee for your HC.

The cafe is on the Plaza deck. Enjoy.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/kp/deck_plans/index.html

Gelato does not sell for 50 cents a scoop. It's $1.50 for 3 scoops. You cannot buy just one, however they will split an order for you.

And they charged your shipboard account 50 cents? :confused:

I was thinking of asking the same thing. Pia, thank you getting to it before me. :D

I'm thinking they might give you a scoop for 50 cents if you buy something else? I've never seen a charge on our account for less than a dollar unless it was an adjustment to port charges/taxes/fees.

Wasn't this thread initially about Hot Chocolate? :confused:

I was thinking of asking the same thing. Pia, thank you getting to it before me. :D

I'm thinking they might give you a scoop for 50 cents if you buy something else? I've never seen a charge on our account for less than a dollar unless it was an adjustment to port charges/taxes/fees.

Wasn't this thread initially about Hot Chocolate? :confused:

That's Cruise Critic. Start one subject and end up with another. :D Someone asked whether there was a hot chocolate machine and the answer should have been an unqualified NO. However, there are lots of happy fingers on this board; mine included, that don't know how to stop typing.

To get back to the question of hot chocolate. I just got off the Golden and while we were in Tracy Arm my DH took our coffee thermos mugs to Horizon Ct. to get us some hot chocolate. There was NO hot chocolate packs there but my DH asked a waiter if some was available and he took our coffee mugs and filled them from the kitchen. We were in our balcony viewing the Arm rather than outside on the decks.

Marilyn

How do you ask for Rocky Road in Italiano?

I've never seen gelato with marshmallows, but that's not to say it isn't available. On the ship you will find cioccolato but it really isn't chocolate ice cream as we know it. Try fragola....strawberry. Very good.

I've never seen gelato with marshmallows, but that's not to say it isn't available. On the ship you will find cioccolato but it really isn't chocolate ice cream as we know it. Try fragola....strawberry. Very good.

Gelato can be mixed with any ingredient and often is, even in Italy.

Q. Is there really any difference between gelato and ice cream?

A. There are actually a few main differences between gelato and ice cream. Ice cream legally has a minimum of 10 percent fat, gelato is made with a greater proportion of whole milk to cream, so it contains five to seven percent fat.

Don't expect to be able to get Italian gelateria-style results by making a gelato recipe in your home ice cream machine: gelato is churned at a slower speed than ice cream, so it's denser because not as much air is whipped into the mixture. (Gelato contains about 25 to 30 percent air, while ice cream can contain as much as 50 percent air) Finally, while ice cream is typically served frozen, gelato is typically stored and served at a slightly warmer temperature, so it's not quite completely frozen.

As for that amazing, rich flavor, there's not as much fat in gelato, it doesn't coat the mouth in the same way. So the flavors are more intense.

But one thing ice cream and gelato do have in common: you won't be able to resist just one more scoop!

I think marshmallow is a USA exclusive. We had a friend visiting from British Columbia who had never before seen Marshmallow Fluff, the mainstay of American lunchboxes.

In Alaska, on the Island Princess, hot chocolate was never displayed at the Horizon Court on the May 11 voyage. It was available upon request for free at any time before 11:00 PM. I was told that after 11:00 PM it was a bar item which had to be paid for. On the May 18 voyage it was put out on the counter in a dispenser which sometimes remained available after 11:00 PM.

Beef broth or chicken broth was offered poolside, in front of the pizza station, mornings from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM. That is a feature on Alaska cruises which is usually publicized. I have no idea why it is limited to that one hour slot in the morning.

Archived