Westin Seattle laundry on site?

macnife

Hi,

Looking at Westin Seattle hotel website and it says they have Laundry/valet service. Does this mean they do the laundry for you, or do they have a laundry facility that you can do your own? :confused:

They do it for you, and charge you a bunch.

I believe your ship (Norwegian Pearl, right?) has self-serve laundry.

From what I have read on these boards, the Pearl has gotten rid of the self serve laundry, but does a laundry special mid-week of the cruise. We just have family driving from Michigan to Seattle, that wanted to wash some clothes before they get on the ship, so they do not have to bring so much with them. Any other suggestions?

From what I have read on these boards, the Pearl has gotten rid of the self serve laundry, but does a laundry special mid-week of the cruise. We just have family driving from Michigan to Seattle, that wanted to wash some clothes before they get on the ship, so they do not have to bring so much with them. Any other suggestions?

Macnife,

I read in the last couple weeks that they still had laundry rooms on the Pearl. In fact, they listed three different deck locations. I was on the Jade on Panama Canal cruise and they did away with the LR right after that and they do plan to get rid of them in time. The post did say they had the LR on the Alaska cruise and they were crowded on sea days. You might check the search feature on the main NCL board.

SSD

If they have a car then there are numerous coin laundries and/or service laundries in the area, just not too many in the downtown core. Some chains (e.g. Courtyard, Residence Inn, etc.) have coin laundries in most of their properties, so maybe the night before?

In my experience shipboard laundry charges (even if there aren't self-serve) are almost always cheaper than the prices you'd spend at hotels like the Westin.

Since they are driving, they might consider finding a laundrymat nearby. I told them to just wear the same thing everyday for the drive and leave them in the car which will be parked at the pier 66 parking garage during the cruise.

Archived