Cigarettes

On Jewel this week Dufry had put them up around $10 to between $34.95 and $36.95 per carton of 200 for most well known brands. Maybe some of the luxury brands were more, I didn''t check all of them, I didn't see any for less.

If you are a Latitudes member you received 10% off in the shop on board - unless its already a special offer - and IF they remember to give it to you.

This morning, about to debark Jewel, there was a long line of people who received their statement and realized they had not received their 10%, so the reception people were fixing it.

I was one of them, I realized that the S.O. had bought the same products as I did but it cost her $10.50 more. Dufry had not given her the 10% off and she had not checked the register receipt.

I wondered this but was too chicken to ask.

Thanks.

Clare

Maggie... Please don't let people keep you from asking legit questions. If someone bashes you, just ignor them.. literally place them on your ignore list. Since I have done that CC has been SO much more pleasant for me. This is a public forum and you have every right to ask any legit question you want to. (OK...so was I just bashing you??).. LOL.. if so.. it isn't meant to be a bash, just to encourage you.

Are the cigarette prices the same on Alaska Cruises?

Yes... I think it is because the Alaskan cruises have to stop in a foreign port. Stopping in a foreign port means your purchases, even in Alaskan ports or on the ship are duty free. At least I believe that is what we were told when we were looking at jewelry in one of the Alaskan ports.

Archived