Question re: San Juan airport

bythehex

We will be sailing on the Victory out of San Juan in September. When we return we're staying overnight in Old San Juan, and flying out the next day on a 12:20 (afternoon) flight.

With all the talk about added security lines and USDA check lines, what time do you suggest we get to the airport? I don't want to get there too early, but I don't want to be caught in line for so many hours that we miss our plane!

Any advice from experienced travelers who have done this lately would be greatly appreciated!

Sharon & Jerry

Since you are staying overnight and will miss the mass exodus of the cruise ship passengers you probablyy will fare a little bit better than if you were leaving the day the ship comes back.

The San Juan airport is a nightmare on debarkation day. Even leaving the day after, if it were me, just to be on the safe side I would get there around 9:30-10:00. If possible I would check in online and print out boarding passes.

We will be sailing on the Victory out of San Juan in September. When we return we're staying overnight in Old San Juan, and flying out the next day on a 12:20 (afternoon) flight.

With all the talk about added security lines and USDA check lines, what time do you suggest we get to the airport? I don't want to get there too early, but I don't want to be caught in line for so many hours that we miss our plane!

Any advice from experienced travelers who have done this lately would be greatly appreciated!

Sharon & Jerry

On Mondays the SJ airport is very calm, you should breeze right through straight to your gate. I would arrive around 11am.

Its when 3-5 thousand cruisers and vacationers are going home on Sunday that the lines can be long.

We never had a problem at that airport even when leaving the day of debarkation....because we did the self check in......for some reason either people are afraid to use this or they don't know how.........

Regular check in was a long line.......we were thru in 5 minutes......

Archived